Restless Development, a global agency for youth-led development, is looking to hire for the job role of Youth Researcher, to work remotely.
About Restless Development
Restless Development is a global agency for youth-led development, supporting young people to demand and deliver a just and sustainable world for all. The work is delivered by young people, giving them the skills and resources to deal with the issues facing their communities and countries.
Education for Restless Development is about how young people are able to navigate adolescence, claim power and become leaders in their communities. They work with young leaders at scale – connecting a global network of young people to power – be it their local, national or global leaders. They help young people in their growth as leaders in their communities.
Restless Development also recognises that youth underemployment is one of the biggest challenges the world faces. To help taking the burden off, they focus on Provision of effective skills training programmes, and removal of education barriers. They are ensuring that young people’s voices are being heard not only in their local communities but right the way up to world leaders.
The role involves the following:
- Youth-led research approach to work with a group of 10 youth researchers from Asia, Africa, Carribeans, North America, South America, Europe, and Australia to gain insights on youth education, skills and the future of work.
- Research design: Capturing insights on – the involvement of young people in local and national responses; what can be done to ‘build forward’ after the pandemic; and the role for youth leadership and participation in doing so.
- Ultimately, the research will inform key conversations at the RewirED Summit led by Dubai Cares.
- The key findings will be processed into communication products to be shared at the RewirED Summit sparking conversations by governments, UN agencies, private sector and civil society to place the youth at the prime of rewiring policies on education and the future of work and recovery from Covid-19.
- Experience of the values and principles of participatory research.
- Input into the research design and tools drafted by Restless Development;
- Collect data using both quantitative and qualitative methods, according to team targets set with Restless Development;
- Participate actively in a training and data analysis workshop with other co-researchers;
- Create a short video to share your reflections and key findings; and
- Review and feedback on the final report; and
- Promote the video and findings among those in your networks.
- In order to deliver this piece of work, we expect you to be available for three and a half days each week throughout the entire project period (January -April 2021).
As this role is not salaried, researchers will instead receive an honorarium to cover basic expenses to recognise the time commitments and expertise they are putting in the global youth consultations.
You would be a good fit for this role if you:
- Age: Between 18-30 years old
- Resident Country: The Asia, Africa, Carribeans, North America, South America, Europe, and Australia
- The candidate should be equally comfortable communicating in English and in a major language in his/her home country
- The candidate should be active within civil society spaces – youth activism, community engagement, social movements, etc., particularly digital activism – and/or have demonstrated leadership in his/her community; and
- The candidate should be comfortable working remotely and can access stable internet connection.
You do not need to have prior research experience to apply. A passion for research is all that’s required.
For more information or if you have any questions contact primrose[at]restlessdevelopment.org
More such posts that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: Lead Trust & Safety Policy Manager [Legal Team] at Wikimedia Foundation, Hyderabad: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Business System Analyst [Legal] at Snowflake [Remote Work]: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Associate-Domestic Language at Accenture, Mumbai [Any Graduate]: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Legal Head at World Resources Institute India, Mumbai: Apply Now!