Applications are invited for the 4th Youth IGF (Internet Governance Forum) India 2021 Fellowship which is being convened online this year tentatively from December 3-5, 2021.
About Youth IGF
Youth IGF India is a platform recognized by United Nations Internet Governance Forum and supported by the India School of Internet Governance (InSIG). We have provided a multi-stakeholder platform for 900+ youth during the past three years. This was created with a goal of raising awareness among younger generations on Internet Governance matters, empowering them to initiate and participate in discussions at the intersection of technology, policy and society, and building a new cadre of leaders.
The vision of Youth IGF India is to raise awareness on Internet governance among the youth and encourage the young generation to participate in public policy discussions, eventually building a spirited cadre of Internet leaders who are motivated to learn, engage and act within their region and beyond regarding matters concerning the Internet.
- Improve the youth’s understanding about the global and regional internet policies.
- Provide a platform for the young people to raise and discuss policies that affect them.
- Help the youth in developing practical advocacy skills for their engagement in IG related policy discussions.
- Guide the youth towards the right opportunities available to take them deeper into IG discussions.
- Enable the youth to understand the intersection between technology and policy, in order to promote more informed policy making, and technological development in the future.
About the Fellowship 2021
The Youth IGF India is back with the 4th Edition of the annual event which is being convened online this year tentatively from 3rd to 5th December 2021. Every year the organizers invite fellowship applications from across the country to select the best young minds who are enthusiastic and equipped with that urge to know and contribute towards technology, policy and society. The most debated topics of the internet sphere are curated to form the agenda each year.
With support from InSIG 2020 and Facebook, the 3rd edition had 20 fellows and 250+ participants with the agenda around four overarching themes: Data, Trust, Inclusion and Environment.
If you are interested in participating in Youth IGF India 2021 as a Fellow, please fill the Youth IGF India 2021 Fellowship Application by 17th November 2021 at 23:55 hrs IST.
Why Should you Apply?
As a Youth IGF India fellow, you will receive the following opportunities:
- Be a part of the selected cohort of brilliant young minds who are motivated to engage and contribute in the Internet Governance space.
- Participate in the additional mentorship webinar prior to the conference to strengthen foundations of the concepts of Internet Governance.
- Dedicated sessions during the conference to provide the fellows with a focused exposure to the issues of Internet governance as well as an opportunity to interact with the relevant stakeholders.
- Opportunity to be one among the authors of the official report submitted to the United Nations Internet Governance Forum 2021.
- Receive appreciation certificate after successful completion of the fellowship.
- Be a part of the Youth IGF India fellow’s community.
Expectations from the Fellows
- Active participation in the conference.
- Contribution to the Youth IGF India 2021 edition official report.
- Engagement in post Youth IGF India sessions for fellows.
- Commitment to actively engage and effectively contribute in the IG ecosystem post event.
- Must be an Indian Citizen currently residing in India.
- In the age group of 18 to 30 years (both inclusive).
November 17, 2021, by 11:55 PM
For questions/comments, please send a mail to email@example.com
Click here for the official website of Youth IGF.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.