The World Trade Organization (WTO) is looking to hire for the job role of Young Professional, to work in various areas of the incumbent’s interest, in Delhi.
About the Organization
The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the only global international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations. At their heart are the WTO agreements, negotiated and signed by the bulk of the world’s trading nations and ratified in their parliaments. The goal is to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably, and freely as possible.
About the Role
The selected Young Professional (YP) will be placed in a specific Division of the WTO Secretariat in accordance with the needs and priorities of the Organization and based on the identified areas of interest of the Young Professional. Each Young Professional may express interest in not more than three areas of WTO work, and in order of preference.
The areas of work may include, inter alia, the following (in alphabetical order):
- Council and Trade Negotiations
- Dispute Settlement
- Economic Research and Statistics
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Market Access (tariffs and non-tariff barriers)
- Media and External Relations
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary measures
- Technical Barriers to Trade
- Trade and Development
- Trade and Environment
- Trade Facilitation
- Trade and Gender
- Trade in Services and Investment
- Trade Policy Analysis
- Trade-Related Technical Assistance.
- Trade Remedies (anti-dumping and countervailing duties)
Qualification and Experience Required
- Education: Advanced university degree in law, economics, or other international trade-related subjects relevant to the work of the WTO.
- Work Experience: Minimum two (2) years of professional experience relevant to the work of the WTO.
- Languages: Fluency in English. Good working knowledge of either French or Spanish would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- General knowledge of the work of the WTO.
- Good drafting skills in English. Ability to draft in French and/or Spanish would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated strong interest in international trade and the multilateral trading system.
- Commitment and passion for trade or WTO-related work.
How to Apply?
- The applications for the Young Professional (YP) job role at WTO must be accompanied by a Cover Letter of Motivation. indicating up to 3 areas of work, in order of preference, that the applicant would be interested in.
- Applications with no accompanying letter of motivation will not be considered. Please refer to instructions under Additional Information on how to add a cover letter on the WTO e-recruitment system.
- WTO e-recruitment system: Once the application for the Young Professionals Programme has been submitted, their application will be displayed under the “My Applications” tab. Applicants should click on the button “Add” for the specific vacancy under the “Covering letter” column. Cover letters added in other sections of the applicant profile such as “Additional Information” or “Additional Documents”.
Note: This is a limited programme that offers selected young professionals the opportunity to gain work experience in the WTO. There is no guarantee of an extension of the programme or of a job offer after the one-year programme.
Click here for the official job information.
More such Job opportunities that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: Vacancy for Young Professionals & Consultants in NHDC [National Handloom Development Corporation Ltd]: Apply by Apr 20
- JOB POST: Legal Counsel at Freshworks, Chennai [SaaS Startup]: Apply Now
- JOB POST: Legal Executive [Compliance] at Boston Scientific, Delhi: Apply Now!