About the Course
Don’t you think litigation is time-consuming, expensive and makes a way for delayed trials? It is an elephant in the room and its solution is disregarded. The solution to the elephant in the room is choosing mediation over litigation. Mediation gives space for parties to make their judgement, unlike litigation.
Watch their Expert Friend: Prerna Kohli, Founding Senior Partner and Mediator at Zeus Law explain why you should choose mediation.
The aim behind the course is to equip potential lawyers and other professionals with skills for a new age modern skills to enable the disputants to write their own judgements, with a magic ingredient of satisfaction. In furtherance of our efforts of choosing mediation over litigation, a step in the right direction is the Mediation bill, which will be tabled in the Winter session of the parliament. Where can you learn how to be a mediator? You can become a mediator at YCM.
Join the upcoming Mediator Course in association with Khaitan & Co, FDCR, Prachi Mediation, Association of Mediation Practitioners and Crek ODR.
About the Organiser
YCM is India’s First Youth Conflict Management and Mediation Initiative. Their goal is to empower the youth with skills to be able to REALISE-RESPOND-RESOLVE fights and deadlocks in every domain of life. Conflict management skills are essential for every dispute resolution process. Manage conflicts to save money, save time and save peace of mind!
Details about the Opportunity
Become a Mediator course is split into 3 levels: 15 hours approximately per level. The dates for the training program will be:
- Level 1 – 25 and 26 September
- Level 2 – 2 and 3 October
- Level 3 – 9 and 10 October
The panel of expert trainers & speakers includes
- Sriram Panchu, Senior Mediator and Senior Advocate
- Jeevan Ballav Panda, Arbitrator & Partner at Khaitan & Co
- Uma Ramanathan, Managing Trustee at Foundation for Comprehensive Dispute Resolution
- Veena Ralli, Organising Secretary at Samadhan, Delhi High Court Mediation and Conciliation Centre
- Chitra Narayan, Senior Mediator, Lawyer and Founder of FCDR
- Prerna Kohli, Founding Partner & Senior Mediator at Zeus Law
- Namita Shah, Co-founder of Presolv360 and Member of Young Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration
- Prathamesh Popat, Mediator and Mediation Trainer, Founder of Prachi Mediation
- Michael Bartlet, Mediator at Alban Resolution Centre and CEDR
- Bode Adeloye, Mediator and Trustee at Calm Mediation
- Chittu Nagarajan, Founder at Crek ODR and Kudrat Dev, Conflict Coach, Mediator accredited by the U.K. Civil Mediation Council and Founder of YCM
All those who are passionate about peacebuilding, life skills and mediation. Preferences will be given to those who have completed the Conflict Manager Training at YCM or attended a 2hr workshop or interned at YCM.
Fee Details: Students are recommended to enrol for all 3 levels but can enrol for level 1 alone or level 1 & 2 combined.
- INR 3500/- for the first level
- INR 6500/- for the first two levels combined
- INR 9000/- for all three levels combined.
Students will become YCM certified Mediators on completing all 3 Levels (over 3 weekends).
- Top performers will be given internship opportunities at YCM.
- Top performers will qualify to apply to start a YCM Chapter at their educational institution or location.
- All successful trainees will straight join YCM’s Young Mediators Panel.
The deadline for registration is 24th September 2021.
For any queries, email us at email@example.com with the subject line: “Mediator Course Query”.
For full details, click here: https://lawc.to/pwihw
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.