About the Organisation
The National Law School of India University is an institution of legal education focusing on undergraduate and graduate legal and policy education in India.
About the Event
NLSIU’s National Law School of India Review is organising the XIII NLSIR-Samvād: Partners Symposium is going to be held on December 8, 2019, at the National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
The theme for this year’s symposium is ‘Unpacking Reservations in India: Theory, Practice, and Beyond’.
Date: 8th December 2019
Session I: Reservations: Rethinking Roots in Constitutionalism
- Dr. Anand Teltumdbe, Professor, Goa Institute of Management, and civil rights activist
- Dr. Sudhir Krishnaswamy, Vice-Chancellor, National Law School of India University, and co-founder, Centre for Law & Policy Research
- Prof. N. Sukumar, Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Delhi
Session II: Mapping the Reservations Landscape: Policies and Precedents
- Mr. D. Shyam Babu, Senior Fellow, Centre for Policy Research
- Dr. Anup Surendranath, Executive Director, Project 39A, and Professor, National Law University, Delhi
- Ms. Kiruba Munusamy, Advocate, Supreme Court of India
Session III: Deepening and Widening Affirmative Justice: The Way Forward
- Dr. Amitabh Kundu, Distinguished Fellow at the Research and Information System for Developing Countries (New Delhi), and former Dean of the School of Social Sciences at Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Dr. Ajay Gudavarthy, Professor, Centre for Political Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Ms. Jayna Kothari, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India, and co-founder, Centre for Law & Policy Research
Two kinds of participant packages are available:
- With accommodation: Rs. 1,000 per student/ Rs. 1,500 per professional/practitioner/academician
- Without accommodation: Rs. 600 per student/ Rs. 1,000 per professional/practitioner/academician
Both the packages include: confirmed participant slot at the Symposium, lunch, high tea (afternoon), dinner, certificate of participation (contingent on attending all three sessions), and a complimentary copy of the NLSIR.
Further, we can arrange for accommodation for only a limited number of people. Thus, the requests for accommodation would be entertained on a first-come-first-serve basis. We will try our best to accommodate participants even after the accommodation slots are full. However, additional charge may be required for the same.
Please register by filling this mandatory Registration Form.
Upon registration, the organisation will send you details for payment of the registration fee. Once payment is made, your registration will be confirmed.
Ms. Hrishika Jain (Editor-in-Chief): +91-9620242313
Ms. Niharika Sharma (Deputy Editor-in-Chief): +91-9468965073
E-mail: mail.nlsir[at]gmail.com with the subject – “Query: NLSIR Symposium”.
For the brochure, click here.
For the concept note, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.