World Kashmir Awareness (WKA) — a Kashmir advocacy group, based in the United States — is sponsoring an essay contest on the subject of Kashmir.
The contest is open to all individuals across the globe.
The contestants must focus on the following topic:
Do Kashmiris have a right to Self-Determination?
Essay Competition Rules & Guidelines:
1. A panel of three judges will consider all submissions, regardless of the ideological inclinations of the writers, as long as their positions do in fact support the ideals and principles of peoples’ right to self-determination and democratic norms.
2. The contestants should recommend potential peaceful solution to the Kashmir conflict.
3. Such potential solutions should include, but not be limited to, elements of conflict resolution, international mediation and negotiation, respect for international law and human dignity, religious pluralism and established democratic processes for the civil society.
4. The contestants should clearly address the topic and complement their arguments with appropriate objective criteria.
5. Opinions and recommendations must exclusively be those of the writers and not copied from others.
6. The top three essays will be published in the World Kashmir Awareness website and will also be sent for possible publication in news outlets.
7. The length of the essay should be between 1,800 to 2,000 words.
8. The deadline for the online submission of the essay is midnight of Sunday, August 24, 2014
9. The following prizes will be awarded to the winners of the contest.
Category 1: Adults: 20 years and older:
Top three winners from this category will be awarded Rs. 20,000, 15,000 and 10,000, respectively for the first, second and the third place.
Category 2: Undergraduate: Under 20 years:
Top three winners will be awarded Rs.15,000, 10,000 and 5,000, respectively for the first, second and the third place.
(If the winner resides outside the Subcontinent, s/he will be awarded equivalent amount in U.S. dollars).
10. All essays will become the property of the WKA.
11. Any enquiries about the essays should be directed to: email@example.com
12. To know more about World Kashmir Awareness, please visit: www.kashmirawareness.org
The official announcement is HERE.