About the Institution
University Law College & Department of Studies in Law, Bangalore University is committed towards imparting quality education, promoting scientific tempo, and blending theoretical knowledge with practical skills.
The erstwhile Government of Mysore (now the State of Karnataka) started the college in the year 1948. From 1964, ULC was brought under the Faculty of Law of Bangalore University.
About the Workshop
The impact of COVID-19 pandemic on society has been enormous. University Law College, Bangalore University have decided to initiate deliberations on ‘Protection of Human Rights during Pandemic’. The objective of the workshop is to analyze different fields of law through a human rights perspective.
It includes the construction of laws and legal principles through the prism of human rights. The workshop will include deliberations on the impact of pandemics on all major fields such as Labour law, Intellectual Property Rights law, Constitutional law, inter alia.
All law faculties, legal professionals, legal research scholars, law students pursuing under-graduation & post-graduation courses are eligible to participate in the virtual workshop.
The workshop will be conducted on 10th and 11th July 2020.
There will be four sessions in total with two sessions each on two days.
Technical Session 1: 11:30 am to 1 pm on 10th July 2020
- Prof. Dr. K.C. Sunny; Vice-Chancellor, National University of Advanced Legal Studies; Kerala Socio-economic Rights during Pandemic.
- Barrister Shameem Haider Patwary; Member of Parliament, Bangladesh; Member, Parliamentary Standing Committee on Law; Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Judicial Activism and Human Rights.
- Prof. Dr. C. Basavaraju; Dean, Faculty of Law and Chairman, DoS in Law, University of Mysore; Mysuru Human Rights and Social Justice.
- Prof. Dr. T. Ramakrishna; Professor & Chair Professor (IPR), NLSIU; Bangalore Patent and Pandemic.
Technical Session 2: 2 pm to 4 pm on 10th July 2020
- Sri. Mohan Katarki; Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi; Human Right to Water during Pandemic.
- Prof. Dr. Manoj Kumar Sinha; Director, Indian Law Institute, New Delhi; Protection of Human Rights: National Perspectives.
- Prof. Dr. M.R.K. Prasad; Principal, VM Salgaocar College of Law, Goa; Role of Law Schools and it’s Clinics during COVID-19.
- Prof. Dr. Jeet Singh Mann; Professor of Law, National Law University, New Delhi; Human Rights of Labour during Pandemic.
Technical Session 3: 10 am to 12 pm on 11th July 2020
- Prof. Dr. T.R. Subramanya; Dean, School of Legal Studies, CMR University & Former Vice-Chancellor, KSLU, Hubli Chairperson
- Prof. Dr. G.B. Reddy; Professor & Former Dean, Faculty of Law, Osmania University, Hyderabad; Judicial Response to Ensure Human Rights during COVID-19
- Dr. P. Puneeth; Associate Professor of Law, Centre for the Study of Law and Governance, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi; Invoking Penal Laws for Tackling COVID – 19: Human Rights Concerns
- Dr. Aneesh V. Pillai; Faculty of Law, School of Legal Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology; Importance of International Human Rights during Pandemic
Technical Session 4: 4 pm to 5:30 pm on 11th July 2020
- Prof. Dr. David Ambrose; Former Dean & Chairman, Department of Law, University of Madras, Chennai Chairperson.
- Prof. Dr. C.S. Patil; Dean and Director, KSLU Law School, Hubli; Protection of Human Rights of Professionals during Pandemic.
- Prof. Dr. Bismi Gopalakrishnan; Dean, Faculty of Law, Professor, and Director, School of Indian Legal Thought, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam; Human Right to Health during Pandemic.
- Prof. Dr. M. Vishvanath; Dean, Faculty of Law, Karnataka University, Dharwad; Human Rights and State Rights- The Lockdown Experience.
Interested participants can apply through this page.
There is no registration fee for the workshop. The registration is based on a first come first serve basis.
Dr. Sathish Gowda N: Senior Assistant Professor, University Law College, Bangalore University
Email id: ulcworkshops[at]gmail.com
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in
- Law Audience’s Webinar [July 19, 3-4 PM]
- Law Audience’s Webinar on How a First Generation Advocate Should Start Litigation Practice [July 12, 3-4 PM]
- Webinar on Animal Rights by Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University [July 10]
- eColloquium on The Limits of Democracy by Centre for Civil Society [Aug 2]
- Webinar on Professional Ethics by IMS, Noida [July 12, 11:00 AM & 2:30 PM]
- Webinar on Legal Issues and Challenges by Apeejay Stya University [July 12, 11 AM]
- CNLU’s Webinar on IP Rights for Innovative Entrepreneurs in MSME [July 11, 2-4 PM]
- Webinar on Resume Making & Career Aspects in Law by Youth Bar Association, Student Wing [July 14, 4:30-5:30 PM]
- Lawctopus Free Webinar on ‘Law Publishing in India: Where do We go from Here?’ [July 10, Friday, 5.30 pm-7 pm]
- NALSAR, CADL’s Webinar on Impact of COVID-19 on the Indian Aviation Industry [July 12, 3:30 PM]: Register Now!
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.