About the Organisations:
Lovely Professional University’s School of Law is located in Jalandhar city. With student-centric pedagogy, the focus is on developing the analytical skills of students which enables them to critically evaluate social issues and the legal provisions.
The Kapila and Nirmal Hingorani Foundation is a public charitable trust aimed for the realization of human rights and freedoms, equality and dignity of the individual particularly women children, the aged, poor and other weaker sections of the society.
About the Workshop:
Mediation is one of the most preferred forms of dispute resolution is the ever-changing world. Mediation is the involvement of an impartial third party to support and help those in conflict to find a solution to their conflicts.
Mediation has even been resorted to by the Supreme Court of India o to resolve some of the pressing problems which have existed in our country.
The mediator is one who facilitates negotiations between parties to arrive at a solution mutually acceptable. With the increasing number of cases being instituted in the courts, parties have started turning to alternate forms of dispute resolution with mediation being prominent among them.
Mediation is not a mere process it requires skills like negotiation, problem-solving, communication, conflict resolution and practice.
Against this background, it is pertinent to have a one-day Workshop on Mediation and Advocacy Skills to benefit students, faculty and lawyers.
After taking part in the sessions the participants will learn to:
- Understand the role of a mediator and the pre-requisite skill set required to become a mediator.
- Create awareness on effective communication and plausible outcomes in a diverse dispute situation
- Equip themselves on the tactics and tools for mediation.
- Provide a hands-on experience for the application of mediation and advocacy skill set through prompt simulation.
- Faculty Members
- Research Scholars and Students
- External Faculty & Students
1. Dr. Aman Hingorani is a practising advocate for 26 years and has argued cases on diverse fields of law before the Supreme Court and various High Courts and Tribunals across the country.
Dr. Hingorani has been appointed as an arbitrator by the Delhi High Court and acts as a mediator in the Supreme Court Mediation Center and the Delhi High Court Mediation and Conciliation Center.
Since 1998, he has been engaged in teaching law and professional skill development as an adjunct faculty in some of the prestigious institutions in India and abroad.
2. Ms. Aafreen Mitchelle Collaco works at Bennett University as a Research Associate.
Block-14, Room No. 101L, Lovely Professional University Campus, Jalandhar-Delhi G.T. Road, National Highway 1, Phagwara, Punjab 144411.
Participation certificates will be awarded by Kapila and Nirmal Hingorani Foundation subject to meeting participation criteria i.e., 100% attendance and participation in activities.
- Session 1 (9.00-10.45 am): Mediation Skills – An Overview
- Session 2 (11.00-1.00 pm): Exercise 1, drafting a settlement agreement and faculty review.
- Session 3 (1.30-3.30 pm): Exercise 2, drafting a settlement agreement and faculty review.
- Session 4 (3.45– 6.00 pm): Exercise 3, drafting a settlement agreement and faculty review.
Important Dates and Registration Fee :
LPU Students / Research Scholars: Rs. 500/-
External Student and Faculty: Rs. 650/-
Registration Closes on March 28, 2019.
For registration, fill this google form.
The external participant can contact the coordinators for the mode of Payment.
Dr. Shailesh N Hadli, Professor & Head, School of Law, Lovely Professional University.
- Mr. Rupendra Singh, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Lovely Professional University. Ph. No: 9910811270
- Ms. Nazuk Sood, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Lovely Professional Univerrsity. Ph. No 9478628428
- Dr. Kanchal Gupta, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Lovely Professional University. Ph. No: 8699469123
- Dr. Jane Eyre Mathew, Assistant Professor, School of Law, Lovely Professional University. Ph. No: 935009041