International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Law is being organised by Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Law in association with Legal Research Centre, B.V.D.U New Law College, Pune.
Date of Event: 29th and 30th January 2020
About the Institute
Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) New Law College, established in 1978, is a premier institute of international excellence in the field of legal education. It is one of the constituent units of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) Pune, recognized by Bar Council of India & University Grant Commission.
The College has secured 5th rank by Outlook, 2020, 9th Rank by India Today- 2020, 3rd Rank by the Week-2020, 3rd Rank by the Career 360 Magazine-2020, and has consistently been ranked among the top law schools in the country.
The institute has been re-accredited with ‘A+’ Grade by NAAC in 2017, received ‘Category-I’ Status by UGC and has also been ranked 63rd by NIRF.
About the Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Law (CAIL)
CAIL is an ambitious and first of its kind endeavor to set up a multi-disciplinary platform for research and allied activities in the fields of law and artificial intelligence. With its dedicated focus on the interplay of AI and law, CAIL is a
unique set up amongst the law colleges in India, making it a forerunner in this nascent field.
CAIL has been set up with the following broad objectives:
- Facilitating comprehensive research on the interplay of the fields of artificial intelligence and law.
- Disseminating information regarding the legal implications of artificial intelligence.
- Aid in the drafting of a legislation regarding appropriate governance of artificial intelligence in the country.
- Encouraging students in developing a deeper understanding of artificial intelligence and associated opportunities in the field of law.
- Conducting multi-disciplinary research projects in association with other stakeholders in the field.
- Equipping students with knowledge in practical application of artificial intelligence in the field of law.
Details of the Event
B.V.D.U New Law College is organising a 2 day workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Law on the 29th and 30th of January. Against the background of rising acceptance towards AI in multiple sectors, it has been seen that AI is yet to
sufficiently penetrate the legal field in India and that there is an absence of specific legislation dealing with artificial intelligence.
It is against this backdrop that BVDU New Law College has set out on this motivated endeavour to initiate
discussion the interplay of artificial intelligence and law, its issues and concerns.
The workshop shall address the following broad themes:
- Interplay of Artificial Intelligence and Law
- Artificial Intelligence and Ethics
- Legal Regulation of Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence and Intellectual Property
- Application of Artificial Intelligence in the Field of Law
- Governance of Artificial Intelligence
- Data Privacy and Surveillance
- Artificial Intelligence and Human Rights
Participation for the event is free of cost.
Interested people may register for the workshop via the following link: https://forms.gle/U6WerSDgbr7x6J3i8
Participants requiring e-certificates shall have to make payment of Rs. 100/- (to be paid via Google Pay: 7507140303). Kindly mention your name while making payment and upload screenshot of payment receipt while
Registration to close by 27th January 2021 at 10.00 pm.
Ms. Revathi S. Murali: Faculty Coordinator, Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Law, B.V.D.U New Law College, Pune
Phone Number: 7507140303
Email ID: cailnlcpune[at]gmail.com
More such Courses and Workshops that you might be interested in
- Online Certificate Course on Legal Research and Writing by Lawctopus Law School [Feb 1 – March 30]: Register by Jan 18
- 2-day e-Learning Course on Effective Implementation of Juvenile Justice Act by Center for Child Rights, NUSRL: Apply by Jan 20
- The Good Politician Program by Indian School of Democracy [9 Months, Online]: Apply by Feb 14
- Call for Applications for Talaash, Understanding Inequality and Social Justice by Sambhaavana Institute [Apr 15-June 30]: Submit Now!