The ICFAI Law School, ICFAI University, Tripura in collaboration with The National Law School of India University, Bangalore, is organizing this Workshop on Cyber Crime and Legal Regulation to Promote the Development and Implementation of Cyber Rules and Regulations.
This workshop is aimed at Academicians, Research Scholars, Professionals and Policy Makers.
About the Workshop
This workshop is aimed at discussing various aspects of cyber crimes and cyber laws and the problem of lawmaking and policy initiatives in this regards. This issue has tremendous significance in recent times as the entire world is connected in cyberspace and accessible at any point of time and place.
A strong regulatory framework is the demand of the time to control this phenomenon which has transnational jurisdiction. Each and every aspect of the subject will be analyzed thoroughly to educate the participants about how to deal with the issue in various level of academic exercise.
About the Subject
Technology is the driving force for development. There are many ways in which it can be used to protect individuals and society. But technology has always been a double-edged sword. The force of evil will not hesitate to exploit these emerging technologies and deploy them against the masses.
In this brave new world, human beings have entrusted the backbone of civilization to machines. Not only are personal and work computers deeply enmeshed with the internet but so are all the critical infrastructures upon which our modern society depends on.
The electricity grid, gas pipelines, air traffic control, the stock market, drinking water, street lights, hospitals and sanitation systems depend on technology and the internet to function.
The Information Technology society of the twenty-first century cannot be built in the poor foundation of legal framework. Therefore, the aim of the workshop is to develop the understanding of the existing legal framework relating to Cyber Crimes and Cyber Laws to mould the speed of the cyberspace from rashness to development.
Registration & Payment Details
- Students (both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels): Rs. 2000/ per person
- Academicians, Research Scholars, Professionals: Rs. 2500/ per person
- Account details and other details for payment are- Account name: ICFAI University Tripura, Account number: 50200031551468, HDFC Sakuntala Road Branch, IFSC: HDFC4059, MICR code; 799240004
- Registration Fee includes food, lodging and conference kit
- Registration fees once paid will not be refunded.
- No TA/DA will be paid by the University.
- Accommodation and food will be provided from the evening of 29th March, 2019 to the afternoon of 31st March, 2019.
The participants are advised to contact the organizers in case of any queries and clarifications through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Debabrata Roy, Coordinator ICFAI Law School: (M) 8837063797
Prof. Md. Baharul Islam, Assistant Professor of Law, Mobile: 7005189370