The Legal Practice of Mergers and Acquisitions and Insolvency and Bankruptcy in the recent past has become a vast and profitable area, with many lawyers working both for corporations and firms. It is a competitive environment and one where added skills and expertise can give both firms and individual lawyers a real edge.
Recognizing the intensity of this area of corporate and commercial laws, School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University) is organizing a Two Day National Workshop on Academic – Industry Interface on Contemporary Developments in Corporate and Commercial Laws.
The two days’ workshop will provide conceptual, practical and actionable insights into contemporary legal aspects of IBC & M&A. It aims to bring academia and legal industry together and would enable Corporate and commercial Law teachers and students to bridge the gap between the classroom learning and their career objectives. In particular, our panel themes will critically address recent legal issues and developments in insolvency law and mergers and acquisitions.
The themes for the workshop are as follows:
- Practical Insights into Mergers & Acquisitions in India
- Mapping the Interface Between Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code and Allied Laws
Following is the detailed description of the issues that will be covered during the course of the workshop:
Day 1 – Practical Insights into Mergers & Acquisitions in India
1. Working of SEBI SAST Regulations, 2011
2. Corporate Restructuring as a Resolution Mechanism under Indian Law
3. Key Changes in & implications Of Cross Border Mergers in India
4. Competition Law Issues In Mergers & Acquisitions.
Day 2 – Mapping The Interface Between IBC And Allied Laws
1. IBC & Banking Sector: For Whom the Bell Tolls?
2. Conflict between IBC & SARFAESI: Delusional or Real?
3. Interface Between IBC & RERA: Who Holds the Ground ?
4. IBC: Recent Developments
Who can attend?
Academicians, Lawyers, Students and Research Scholars
Registration Fee and Other Details
Rs. 500/- for Students
Rs. 1,000/- for Academicians and Professionals
The registration fee includes workshop kit, working lunch and refreshments during the days of the workshop. Please note that this does not include accommodation. However, accommodation details in campus on request shall be provided subject to availability and payment.
Online Registration to be completed at this link.
Last Date for Registration: Sept 10, 2018
Confirmation of participation: Sept 12, 2018
National Workshop: Sept 14 – 15, 2018
For Workshop Details