About Justice Adda
Justice Adda is a human rights and legal design social venture, which aims to make the law and legal services, accessible, empowering, and useful for everyone. They also build websites and apps for those working in the justice space and advise on human rights communication strategies.
Justice Adda was a part of the Cambridge Social Ventures Programme in the Cambridge Centre for Social Innovation at Cambridge Judge Business School 2016-17.
About the Workshop & Submission
This CfP-Workshop on Plural Ideas of Justice by JusticeAdda seeks to explore the ideas of justice that emerge from different and diverse non-state forums like Panchayats, Mediations, etc.
The workshop will be organized over two days, in Mumbai in April 2021. If the Covid-19 situation does not improve the organizers will take a call in January 2021 to move the conference online.
The event is looking for papers that cover the thematic panels as given under.
- State and Non-state: Working with Boundaries and Binaries
- The role of the non-state within the State
- Non-state actors: Experiences with dispute processing
- Digital platforms as non-state actors
- State: Ideas, Perception and Responses
- Platform discussion: Ideas of justice
- Abstract of 500 words containing title, author, research question, methodology, and the main argument.
- The abstract is to be sent to the conference e-mail: legalpluralismindiaconference[at]gmail.com
- If your paper is selected to be presented at the conference, we will ask you to submit the final paper.
- Final paper should be in 6,000 – 8,000 words in electronic format.
- An honorarium of up to Rs. 5,000 for participants will be considered in case of an online conference.
- Last Date for submission of the Abstract is 31st October 2020.
- Last Date for the Intimation of the selection of abstract: 30th November 2020.
- Last date for the submission of Final Paper: 1st March 2021
Write to legalpluralismindiaconference[at]gmail.com for any queries.
More posts that you might be interested in
- SASFL’s Online Colloquium on Economics of Politics [Nov 7, 11 AM-1:30 PM]: Registration Open
- Call for Submissions by Dignity: Journal on Sexual Exploitation and Violence: Submissions Invited!
- SASFL Online Samvad on Fashion and Individualism [October 23, 5:30-6:30 PM]: Register Now!
- Lawctopus’ Free Webinar on ‘Careers and Skills in Mediation’ [Oct 22, Thur, 6.30-8 PM]: Register Now