Latest Update: NLU ASSAM: Our Representatives met the so called “Chancellor” of the university and he proposed these so called reforms.
Before that some of his statements:
“Hamare Time me to placement hota hi nahi tha“.
(We didn’t even have placements in our times).
“Attendance to baccho ka pura hona chhaiye 75% nahi 95% honi chahiye”.
(Students should have full attendance; instead of a 75% attendance, you should have a 95% attendance).
“Babu Logo Se Milne Me To Time Lagta Hain“.
(It takes time to meet bureaucrats).
1. Refund: We cannot provide a refund until the money to be refunded is being used misappropriately.
He asked us to do charity by saying that if the students don’t ask for a refund, they would be benefittng the younger generation. (Holds nobody accountable for the mess made out of academic fees).
2. Placements were not a common occurrence during my time and I am against Placements…join only Judiciary” as quoted by him.
3. Internships: We asked him to intervene in the matter of Internships where there is no ICC (Internship Coordination Committee) and we are offered a useless paper in our hands by the university in the name of Internship Letter. He quoted “that you better do internships in district court because it is there we start our career…And hence, there is no need for Internship Committee“.
4. Campus: “We cannot provide you a deadline but we might get the Boys’ Hostel in 2017 March and the students can shift in the month of August.“.
This is the same permanent campus we are talking about which is not fit to be called a campus in itself.
5. Specialisation: He didn’t even give an answer on the issue of specialisation. Just philosophical stuff from Chancellor and one another high ranking official.
in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
we respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously
I am the Admin of Lawctopus. I am for law students, of law students and by law students. I am Torts and Contracts and moots and internships. I am your boyfriend! And your girlfriend too! Mentor. Friend. Junior. Senior. I am the footnote in your research paper. Foreword in your life. The jugaad for your internship. The side gig which earns you bucks. I am Maggi. Pocket money too.