About the examination:
The Commission will hold the West Bengal Judicial Service Examination, 2019 for recruitment to the post of Civil Judge (Junior Division) in West Bengal Judicial Service.
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Judicial Service Examination, 2019 in accordance with the existing rules for recruitment to the posts in West Bengal Judicial Service.
The necessary particulars are stated in the following paragraphs. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/she is eligible for admission to the examination.
The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed. The W.B.J.S. Examination will be held in three successive stages. The stages are as follows:
- Preliminary Examination (MCQ Type).
- Final Examination (Conventional Type – Written).
- Personality Test.
A number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Preliminary Examination will be allowed admission to the Final Examination and a number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Final Examination will be called to appear at the Personality Test.
The Preliminary Examination will be held in Kolkata (Code – 01) and Darjeeling (Code – 02) in April 2019 or thereabout.
Only candidates of Kalimpong District and three Hill Sub-divisions of Darjeeling, viz., Darjeeling Sadar, Mirik and Kurseong will be allowed to appear at Darjeeling Centre.
The Final Written Examination will be held at Kolkata in June 2019 or thereabout. Personality test will be held thereafter in the office of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal.
Rs.27,700-770-33090-920-40450-1080-44770/-. Allowances will also be admissible as per Government orders in force.
- A citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Government of India.
- A degree in Law from any University or Institution affiliated to any University recognized by the State Government or the Central Government.
- Enrolment as an advocate in the roll of Bar Council of any State or Union Territory in India on the date of advertisement for the examination.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali) – vide Finance Department’s Notification No.1243-F(P) dated 02.03.2016.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted through online only in the Commission’s website here on and from the 4th March 2019 to 19th March 2019.
Before applying for the post, candidates are required to enroll themselves as per ‘ONE TIME ENROLLMENT’ scheme through the same website.
Those who have already made enrollment through the same website (i.e. www.pscwbapplication.in ) need not enroll once again.
- Commencement of submission of online application: The 4th March 2019 from 11:00 a.m.
- Closing date for submission of online application: The 19th March 2019 (up to 12-00 midnight).
- Closing date for submission of fees through online: The 19th March 2019 (up to 12-00 midnight).
- Closing date for submission of fees through offline: The 20th March 2019.
* However, the Challan must be generated by the 19th March 2019 positively.
For official notification and full details, click here.