Lawomatic is making a call for blogs as participation in its weekly article/essay writing competition.
About the Blog
Lawomatic is an upcoming website under the aegis of an NLU Post Graduate student and a Delhi High Court Advocate with an aim to increase awareness of business and commercial laws amongst the students, faculty members, legal practitioners, and academicians in the field of law.
The blog presents itself as a platform for generating awareness in the field of business and commercial laws with the objective of enabling effective discourse and facilitating further research.
About the Weekly Article Writing Competition
Lawomatic is pleased to announce a weekly article/ essay writing competition. They will select the top 10 submissions for a reward of INR 1500 each of them. Every Saturday will be the last day of the competition. More than one submission is allowed, however, only one blog will be considered for prize money by one individual or co-authors every week.
While there are no rigid thematic constraints, the article should be related to trending legal issues – national or international. The expectation is that the submitted article will provide informed perspective, critical thinking, and new insight to the readers.
Submissions on a wide variety of topics are encouraged, analyzing policy decisions, proposing legislative reforms, and promoting discussions in a diverse range of contemporary issues relevant to, but not limited to, the areas of:
- Corporate Law
- Competition Law
- Taxation Law
- Securities Law
- Banking Law
- Insolvency Law
- Capital Markets
- Arbitration Law
- The word limit for the manuscripts is a minimum of 2000 words.
- Kindly note that the word limit is exclusive to footnotes. Strict adherence to the word limit is highly advised.
- No submissions will be accepted if sent to any other email address.
- There is a submission/publication fee of INR 500 which will be paid through google pay or PayTM at +91 97598 53241.
- The maximum number of co-authors permitted is two.
- Multiple entries are allowed whereas for the prize only one blog by an author or co-author will be selected.
The manuscript submitted by the author(s) must adhere to the following font styles:
- The manuscript submitted must be typed in Times New Roman.
- The line spacing must be 1.5.
- The font size of the title – is 14, *Headings – Size12 – Bold and underlined – Justified
- Body text – Size 12
- The text should be justified.
- Citation Style
- The author(s) are requested to provide the link to the sources which have been cited by them in the main body and are required to follow the OSCOLA citation method (4th edition).
- The citations should be in Numeric Form, Font Times New Roman, Size 10, and in single line spacing.
- Endnotes are not to be used.
- Authors are requested to give an undertaking that the manuscripts submitted are original pieces of work and have not been plagiarized nor have been published or are in consideration for publishing in any other places.
- The body of the manuscript should not contain any personal details of the author(s), so as to enable anonymous screening and peer-review.
- The subject of the email should be in the following format: “LAWOMATIC Blog Submission – Article Name”.
- By submitting your article for this competition, you are Lawomatic exclusive and unlimited license, without any restriction of time or geographical restriction, to publish your article on Lawomatic blog, as well as any other compendium where we may like to publish it. Quid pro quo is the opportunity to participate in the competition.
- However, if we do not publish your article within 30 days of submission, we would have no rights to your article and you would be free to publish it elsewhere or use it as you deem fit. However, if we publish it, you will not attempt to publish the same article/content anywhere else.
Kindly adhere to the aforementioned guidelines. Any alternate form of formatting is not necessary. Failure to follow the above-mentioned points may result in disqualification.
How to Submit?
The submissions must be sent to email@example.com in an MS word document.
- Top 10 blogs will receive INR 1500 as a cash prize.
- Top 15 blogs will receive certificates of merit. (PDF Format)
Every Saturday will be the last day for accepting submissions for the competition of that particular week.
In case of any queries, kindly write at firstname.lastname@example.org.