On the occasion of World Environment Day, Centre for Environmental Law, Policy and Research (CELPR), National Law University, Delhi is organising an online programme titled “Environmental Governance: the legal logjam” on June 5.
About the University
National Law University, Delhi is one of the premier institutes in India for Legal training and Research. Established in accordance with National Law University Act, 2008 it has certainly grown leaps and bounds in this short period of time.
With the primary objective to evolve and impart comprehensive and interdisciplinary legal education that is socially relevant. University has made a name for itself in terms of quality legal research. It has several important Research projects to its credit such as Death Penalty project, project on impact and implementation of Juvenile Justice Act, 2000, UNDP Project on Access to Justice for Marginalized peoples etc.
About the Programme
Governance is considered as an important aspect for promoting environmental conservation and effective management of natural resources. With the advent of the 21st century, significant steps have been taken in the form of legally binding international conventions and soft law dealing with crucial environmental issues at the global level.
However, the key for dealing with modern day environmental challenges is effective environmental governance not just in the international arena but at the domestic level as well. India as a developing country with rich biodiversity and rapidly changing climate patterns is especially vulnerable to modern day environmental disasters and challenges such as air pollution, climate change, desertification etc.
There is an urgent need to address these challenges through effective environmental governance at the domestic level and bridge the policy gaps.
- Prof. (Dr.) Krishna Deva Rao, Vice Chancellor, National Law University, Delhi
- Dr. Kiran Bedi, Former Lt. Governor, Puducherry
- Prof. Dr. Amita Singh, Former Professor, JNU President, NAPSIPAG Disaster, Research Group
- Mr. Kunal Satyarthi, IFS Advisor, NDMA
- Ms. Chandni Bedi, Director, Rural Management and Training Institute, Navjyoti Foundation
- Prof. (Dr.) Bharti, Director, Centre for Environmental Law, Policy and Research, National Law University, Delhi
- Date: June 5, 2022
- Timings: 11.30 AM to 1.00 PM
- Last date of Registration: June 3, 2022
- Click here to join the zoom meet, Passcode- 284589
Candidates who have registered and attended the whole programme will be awarded with participation certificates.
For further queries write to Vishwendra Panwar at vishwendra.panwar[at]nludelhi.ac.in