Lawctopus has regularly informed you with interviews, admission notifications, and informative articles for doing an LLM from abroad. We also run a paid LLM consultancy with personalized (deep-dive) mentoring.
We are now conducting our first open webinar (ever) on doing an LLM from abroad.
1. Students are requested to join preferably through a laptop or a desktop and join the session as if they were attending a class.
2. If you are joining the webinar through the phone, please install the Zoom app first.
3. After registering (click here to register), you’ll get an email with a password. If you don’t see the email in your inbox, please check your ‘updates’ folder on Gmail or you check the spam folder too. You’d have received an email from email@example.com
4. Attendees will be on mute in the webinar. You’ll have the chance to ask questions after each session in the webinar (this webinar will be 3-4 sessions) via chat.
5. Please go through this article (click here) to see how you can join a Zoom webinar.
6. Attendees who attend the complete webinar sincerely shall be emailed a free 5-page E-book which will list down some important resources for the foreign LLM application process.
Topics which the webinar will cover:
- How to choose the country, the college, and the course?
- What’s the process of application like exactly?
- Advice on SOPs (statement of purpose).
- Advice on making your CVs, LoR (letter of recommendation), and cracking the interviews (if any).
- How to apply and secure scholarships?
- What makes foreign legal education different and what can you expect in the UK and the US?
Our resource people for the webinar will be:
Shireen Moti graduated from JGLS in 2014 and completed her LLM from Queen Mary University of London on a Chevening scholarship.
She has worked with Nishith Desai Associates (Delhi) and is currently an Assistant Professor and Director, Office of Alumni Relations at JGLS.
She’s also the author of the book ‘Guide to LLM Admissions and Scholarships Abroad‘ published by Universal Law Publishing.
Anupama Sharma is an Assistant Professor at JGLS, Sonipat, India.
She completed B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) from the NUJS, Kolkata in 2014 and LL.M. from the University of Cambridge, UK in June 2015. She’s the author of a book section on ‘LLM from Abroad’ in the book ‘Law as a Career’ by Tanuj Kalia.
She is currently on study leave for pursuing PhD in criminal law at the University of Hong Kong.
Mohak Rana completed his B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) degree from NMIMS, Mumbai in 2018.
After practicing as an advocate for a year, he is now a candidate of LL.M. degree in Intellectual Property at UNH Franklin Pierce School of Law, NH, USA (Class of 2020).
Participants can ask their questions during the webinar.
Date: April 10
Timings: 5 PM – 7 PM IST
Attendees who attend the complete webinar sincerely shall be emailed a free 5-page E-book which will list down some important resources for the foreign LLM application process.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.