To celebrate the launch of our Online Certificate Course on Contracts and Contract Drafting, Lawctopus is organizing a free and open webinar on ‘Contracts and Contract Drafting’.
Update [May 1, 10.30 pm]: Those desirous of an e-certificate for the webinar, can take the short online test on this link.
Mr. Bhumesh Verma
Bhumesh Verma is a seasoned legal practitioner with over 25 years of experience as a corporate lawyer. His name is now synonymous with contract drafting courses and workshops.
Mr. Verma has been a partner at Khaitan & Co., Paras Kuhad & Associates, and is currently the Managing Partner at Corp Comm Legal.
He is the author of the book ‘Practical Guide to Drafting Commercial Contracts‘ published by OakBridge.
- Why do we need written contracts at all: practical reasons
- What are the pitfalls if drafting isn’t carried out meticulously?
- What is the objective behind a well-drafted contract?
- What are the different parts/components of a contract?
- What are the common errors while drafting?
- The sequence of provisions/clauses?
- Importance of Force majeure clause seeing the present scenario
- Is there a need to balance a draft?
- The usefulness of online courses on the subject.
Details of the webinar:
- Date: May 1 (Friday)
- Time: 3.30 PM-5.30 PM
- Fee: The webinar is open and free to attend.
- Note: Participants will be on mute and can ask questions over chat or the Q and A box.
- Platform: Zoom. We are taking all precautions suggested by the public authorities.
- Many of you have asked us for certificates for attending our webinars. Please note that you should ideally attend these webinars for your own knowledge. Our position is that a piece of paper is worthless.
- At the same time, we understand that some potential recruiters/organizations/colleges might ask for certificates. Students too are sometimes anxious about getting their certificates. Attendees wishing to get an e-certificate will be charged Rs. 300 (the amount is inclusive of GST and covers Lawctopus’ testing, logistics, and processing fee).
- This small fee also helps us take care of our costs of planning and delivering the webinar.
- NOTE: The webinar is free and open to attend; only those desirous of a certificate will be charged.
- You can get the certificate after answering a simple online test which will be based on the webinar.
- The link to the certification test will be emailed on May 2 day at 5 pm. The link will also be updated on this post. Students are instructed not to email or call for certificates.
Register for the webinar by clicking here.
(Please note that we can accommodate a maximum of 1000 attendees. Registration does not ensure attendance :(. However, we’ll try to broadcast this live on Youtube too so that those who cannot attend this on Zoom can attend on Youtube).