15th Vyas Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition.
Writing is a proclivity that a lawyer must never detach from himself, and thus, each year, the Magazine Committee of the Government Law College, Mumbai, organizes a national level legal essay writing competition, The Vyas Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition.
The Vyas Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition is sponsored by Mr. Dinesh Vyas, one of GLC’s most distinguished alumni, who obtained his LLB degree from Government Law College in 1967.
In the previous edition, the entries were judged by the following judges of the Bombay High Court – Hon’ble Shri Justice A. S. Oka, Hon’ble Shri Justice A. M. Thipsay, Hon’ble Shri Justice S. C. Gupte and Hon’ble Shri Justice S. J. Kathawalla.
The Magazine Committee of the Government Law College now invites entries for the same.
The topics this year are:
1. Elaborate on the need of a gender neutral Indian Penal Code in protecting men from the misuse of laws in India.
2. With reference to ‘Shreya Singhal v Union of India’, elaborate on the liberty of thought and expression in cyber space.
3. Is it time for India to legalise voluntary active euthanasia? Discuss in light of the recent demise of Aruna Shanbaug.
4. Analyze ‘The Constitution (100th) Amendment Act, 2015’ discussing, in detail, the implications of the Land Boundary Agreement between India and Bangladesh.
5. Discuss the need for codification of Admiralty Law in India.
3500 – 4500 words
The deadline for entries is January 3, 2016.
1st Place: Rs. 12,000/-
2nd Place: Rs. 9,000/-
3rd Place: Rs. 7,000/-
In case of any queries, send an email to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call: Suchita Uppal- 9930921705 Aashna Zaveri- 9920044445