About the Organizer
Shambhunath Institute of Law was established with the object of imparting quality legal education to the students at affordable costs under the table guidance of Dr K. K. Tewari, Secretary, Utthan.
It is affiliated with Prof. Rajendra Singh (Rajju Bhaiya) University, Prayagraj (formerly known as Allahabad State University) and approved by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi.
It is also listed in All India Survey of Higher Education (AISHE, Ref: C-59041-2017) of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Its geographical position makes it easily accessible by the out-stationers while not secluding itself from the vibrant city life.
About the Debate Competition
Shambhunath Institute of Law is delighted to inform that SHAMBHUNATH INSTITUTE OF LAW, a constituent college of Allahabad State University is organising its first National Debate Competition – 2019 titled as VOX – JURIST (Voice Of Legal Experts) to be held on 19th October 2019 (Saturday) in the campus of Shambhunath Institute Of Law, Jhalwa, Prayagraj.
To Register: CLICK HERE
- The registration fee shall be rupees TWELVE HUNDRED (1200) for the said event.
- The said amount must be transferred to the given bank account and a copy of the receipt should be attached and should be sent (SOFT COPY) with the registration form at voxjurist.debate[at]gmail.com.
- The students need not write his/her name, institutional affiliation, address or any other personal information anywhere in the written submission.
- The above and other identifying information should be provided in the prescribed Performa which should accompany the written submission.
- The matter downloaded or copied from the internet or other sources should be specifically indicated in the written submissions at the appropriate place. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. Reproduction of the matter from the internet or other sources should not exceed 10% of the content.
- Preference would be given to submissions which reflect original thinking.
- Registration of FIRST TWENTY FIVE TEAMS (25) shall be valid and the registration link shall be closed thereafter.
Account Holder: Rajni Tripathi
Account No.: 630702010000756
IFSC code: UBIN0563072
Branch: Jhalwa, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh
Rules and Regulations
- Only for students pursuing Undergraduate LAW courses from any Central University, State University and colleges affiliated to them, NLUs and private law colleges.
- A participant has to present a SOFT COPY of ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED WORDS (1500) in English on the topic of debate. The written submission shall include arguments both for the motion and against the motion. The topic of the written submission is “LEGALISATION OF ADULTERY – A BOON OR BANE” by 27 September 2019 at voxjurist.debate[at]mail.com.
- The candidates will be shortlisted based upon the written submissions made by them on the above topic.
- Font permitted is TIMES NEW ROMAN, Font Size 12 for main text and footnotes should be 10, line spacing should be 1.5 for main text and footnotes shall be 1.0. The soft copy shall be sent to voxjurist.debate[at]gmail.com in pdf format.
- Eight (8) best entries will be selected by a panel of judges the participants will be required to present and defend their topic of debate on the 19th October 2019 (if selected) in the premises of SHAMBHUNATN INSTITUTE OF LAW.
NOTE: DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES AT THE COMPETITON SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL THE PARTICIPANTS.
E-mail: voxjurist.debate[at]gmail.com and shambhunath.law.17[at]gmail.com
9005218484 – Apoorva Singh (Convener)
9519371560 – Utkarsh Srivastava (Co-ordinator)
9119954918 – Sarve Nazir (Co-ordinator)
7786032204 – Samrat Vikram Singh (Coordinator)