School of Law, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology is organizing a Virtual Mock Parliamentary Debate Competition, scheduled to be held on September 17-18.
About School of Law, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
Sathyabama School of Law aspires to be an internationally renowned centre for research and teaching in law. School of law is dedicated to advancing human dignity, social welfare and justice through knowledge of the law. Our courses are academically rigorous, informed by the latest research. Courses are taught by dedicated, efficient and industrious faculty and a cadre of intellects that includes respected judges and experienced practitioners. We work with a wide variety of groups including the legal profession, policymakers, research bodies, and organizations. This reflects our strength in many fields of legal and socio-legal professions and beyond. The curriculum has been designed to provide a strong foundation in the core subjects coupled with opportunities to pursue optional courses in areas of undergraduate’s choosing.
About the Parliamentary Debate
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, School of law is proud to announce its Mock Parliamentary Debate Competition. The parliamentary debate competition is an academic debate event. It is focused on producing a unique opportunity for students to recognise the relevance of our country.s political situation. Through this debate, we can learn about the legislation process, how debates and discussions in the legislative assembly take place and how everyone can develop their communication skills, listening skills and researching skills.
Composition and Eligibility
All students studying in any Undergraduate program or Postgraduate program are eligible to register.
Structure of the Competition
In this competition, we have two Committees
- Lok Sabha: Deliberation on India as a Pandemic Responder
- Rajya Sabha: Deliberation on Fuel Price Hike in India
Basically, 4 rounds are there namely,
- Open Statement
- Discussion Hour
- Question Hour
- Resolution Bill
Detailed information about the rounds has been given in the brochure.
- Opening statement: Per person will be allotted 1 min 90 seconds time will vary according to the strength
- Discussion hou: Total time allotment 1 hr 30 mins
- Question hour: Total time allotment 1 hr 45 mins
There is no registration fee for this competition.
Click on the link given at the end of this post to register for the virtual mock parliamentary debate competition.
- Opening of Registration link: 03rd August 2021
- Last date of Registration: 12th August 2021
- Release of Portfolios and Committees: 15th August 2021
- Last date for Submission of Questions by ministers: 22nd August 2021
- Release of Questions to Ministers: 26th August 2021
- Last Date for Submission of Answers by Non-Ministers: 2nd September 2021
- Submission of Resolution Bill: 10th September 2021
- Competition Date: 18th and 19th September 2021
Email ID: email@example.com
Dr T Ambika (Assistant professor): +919786963697
Mock Parliament Committee
- Ms. KR Vaishali: +91 6383650028
- Ms. N Deepika: +91 8754134575
- Ms. RB Thilothinee: +91 6374461733
- Ms. RS Kanimozhi: +91 8300160356
- Ms. VR Sona: +91 9360990435