About the Internship Opportunity
Leo Cussen Centre for Law, Australia has an excellent reputation training law graduates for admission to the legal profession since 1972. They train people with a law degree to become practical lawyers.
InsideSherpa (Now- TheForage) is an open-access platform designed to unlock exciting careers for students, by connecting them to company endorsed Virtual Intern programs. Not only are they free, open access, and completely online – but also CV certified and endorsed by host companies.
The former recently partnered with InsideSherpa to build a Leo Cussen Human Rights Law Virtual Internship Program designed to provide students with valuable insight into what it’s really like to solve human rights issues in legal practice.
The virtual internship is
- Entirely online
- Accessible to everyone
Focus of the Internship
- Legal communication skills
- Advising on an employment dismissal, a discrimination issue, and a deportation matter.
Nature of the Internship
Approximately 5-6 hours.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review client communications to determine what is required.
- Summarise and synthesize relevant information for your supervisor.
- Help provide legal advice to an employee who appears to have been dismissed and/or discriminated against.
- Help provide legal advice to a disabled client who appears to have been discriminated against.
- Summarise instructions to challenge a deportation order.
- Draft a Memo of advice to the senior lawyer about how best to challenge the client’s deportation order.
- Identifying human rights international conventions or treaties.
How to Register
- Click on the ‘Register Now’ button at the end of the page. (Link of the page given at the end of this post)
- Sign Up with the required information.
- Get Started with the Internship!
Please Note: Check out this page to know how to use this experience in your CVs and LinkedIn Profiles.
More posts that you might be interested in
- Online Volunteering Opportunity at UN [Human Rights]: Apply Now!
- 8-Week Long Online Gathering by Empathy Connects’ O Ri Duniya 4.0 on Society and Environment [Oct 17-Dec 5]
- Internship Opportunity at Legisperitus Law Associates, Delhi: Applications Open
- Internship Opportunity at Ministry of External Affairs [MEA], New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Research Fellowship at Adhyayan Foundation for Policy & Research: Applications Open
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.