Vedanam welcomes submissions that fall within the vast universe of Law and Interdisciplinary research from students, academicians, lawyers, Legal professionals and people not associated with law.
The Vedanam Blog is CAN Foundation’s Academic wing aiming to provide a platform to not just Law Students and Legal Professionals, but, also to people not associated with law who wish to initiate legal discourse of contemporary relevance in pursuance of one of the dear ideals of the Foundation to promote legal literacy and to expand access to the same.
Call for Blogs (Rolling Series)
Entries that present creative and enriching perspectives on contemporary legal issues will be much appreciated. The Editorial Board may, at its discretion, also allow the publication of unconventional and analytical book reviews and case comments.
Instructions for Authors
- We prefer an article that is between 1200-2000 words. However, flexibility is allowed if the content so requires, and the quality is ensured.
- All submissions must be in Garamond, font size 13, The font size of the Heading and any sub-headings should be 14. Line Spacing is to be maintained at 1.5.
- The content of the writing should be Justified. Use Centre Alignment for the Main Heading as well as for sub-headings.
- All the relevant sources must be duly acknowledged and hyperlinked in the text of the manuscript itself.
- Endnotes will be accepted if the said reference cannot be accommodated through hyperlinks, and must be formatted in accordance with OSCOLA (Latest Edition).
- All works submitted must be original and unpublished. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication on the Blog (Vedanam).
- The authors shall receive an acknowledgement email on the receipt of the article by the Editorial Board. Once the Editorial Board receives an article, it shall be processed through a rigorous editorial procedure (double-blind review) and the decision about its acceptance or rejection shall be communicated to the authors within 10 days.
Author(s) must write a small (50-75 words) brief of the article at the beginning of the manuscript. Authors may also mention 3-5 keywords at the end of such a brief.
- All manuscripts shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Submission of a manuscript for Vedanam’.
- Articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word format (.docx) only.
- Details of the author(s) should not be mentioned in the file containing the article.
- Author(s) must include their full name, institution/organization, email address, photograph and a bio not exceeding 100 words in a separate cover letter.
- Authors(s) are also required to submit a declaration of originality.
Click here to download the declaration form.
- All manuscripts which meet the above-mentioned criteria shall be robustly reviewed by the Editorial Board and provided due consideration.
- Any queries regarding the submission or review process may be addressed to the Editorial Board at email@example.com.
- The detailed Call for blogs can be accessed here.