Vasudhinity, in collaboration with Sahaj Foundation announce their upcoming program ‘नया दौर, नयी कल्पना’- An invitation for ‘Re-imagining Economy’.
About the Organizer
Vasudhinity describes the organization as
- A commons-based academy for alternative holistic learning
- A Knowledge Hub to generate knowledge for and by the community
- A Lab to facilitate the communities to conduct their socio-economic experiments.
In this 8-week long program, the organizers aim to take the learners on a journey to first understand the limitations of the present mainstream economic system, and then collectively contemplate on the possibility of transition towards a more inclusive, harmonious, and just economy, mainly in the Indian context.
In this program, you’ll have:
- The Doughnut Economics- Seven ways to think like a 21st-century economist, beautifully written by Kate Raworth, as your guiding light.
- Discussions on the findings of Feminist Economics, Ecological Economics, Circular Economy, Behavioural Economics, Buddhist Economics, Complementary Currencies, and Systems Thinking with the help of a number of research papers, videos, and articles.
Around 20-25 participants.
- Anyone- of any age, gender, nationality, background, work experience- is invited to participate in this program
- Should have an interest for reading books, a spark to find a new way of living and an intention to dive deeper into the possibilities of re-imagining the design of our present economy.
- Sunday, May 2, 2021 – Sunday, June 27, 2021
- 8 weeks with 2 weeks’ break in-between
- Three days a week (for 6 weeks)
- 60 mins (7 – 8 PM IST) for Wednesdays
- 120 mins (11 AM – 01 PM IST) for Saturdays and Sundays
Kindly find more details here.
- The suggested range of contribution is Rs 5,000- Rs 12,000. The participants are encouraged to contribute as per their heart and financial situation.
- The ones who are capable of contributing on higher side are encouraged to do so, as the organizers also wish to accommodate a few individuals who are not in a position to contribute financially.
- The charges cover facilitation for all 49 days, which include 19 mandatory virtual sessions as mentioned in the schedule.
For more information on other courses please visit Vasudhinity’s website.