About the organizer
Established through the State Legislature Act of Punjab and recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC), Chandigarh University is a multi-disciplinary institute in the northern India which is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research.
Law is a very dynamic discipline and catering of the needs to the legal world, University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), Chandigarh University is making rapid progress by imparting comprehensive legal education.
With a robust industry interface and globally recognized academics, Chandigarh University endeavours to provide a congenial learning environment and professionally driven curriculum to the students in order to make them industry-ready.
About the moot
UILS, Chandigarh University is organising VakTavya; National Moot Court Competition. It is scheduled to be held from the 10th-12th of October 2019. The theme of the competition is ‘Competition Law.’
They expect to see the young legal professional to take up the case, undertake rigorous research and present arguments backed by analytical and legal reasoning.
Submission registration and application details
Eligibility & Other Information
All students pursuing their first degree in law (for example BA LLB/LLB in India) or its equivalent conducted by any recognized college/university/ institution shall be eligible to participate in the Competition.
Each team shall comprise of a minimum of two and a maximum of three members. There will be a Researcher’s test in which only the designated researcher can participate.
University Institute of Legal Studies (Block 5.), Chandigarh University, Mohali, Punjab, India.
Provisional registration can be done by the respective institutions by sending an email to mootcourtsociety.uils[at]cumail.in by 3rd September 2019 with the subject ‘Provisional Registration for VakTavya’.
Any query can also be directed at the same email address.
Registration fee is Rs. 4000/- per team, which is non-refundable. In addition to it, Accommodation fee is 500/- per team. (Accommodation is strictly based on first come first serve basis).
- Winning Team Award: The winning team will receive a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 51,000/-
- Runners-Up Team Award: The runners up team will receive a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 21,000/-
- Best Memorial/Written Submission: The team making the best-Written Submission/Memorial, shall be awarded a cash price of Rs. 7,000/-
- Best Student Advocate/Counsel: The Best Student Advocate/Counsel, shall be awarded a cash price of Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Researcher: The Best researcher, shall be awarded a price of Rs. 5000/-
- Last date for provisional registration: 03rd September 2019
- Date for Final Registration: 07th September 2019
- Release of clarifications: 12th September 2019
- Deadline for submission of Moot Memorial (Soft Copy): 27th September 2019
- Deadline for submission of Moot Memorial (Hard Copy): 05th October 2019
- Oral rounds: 10th – 12th, October 2019
Vivek Sharma: +91-8279952001 (Registration, Accommodation & General queries)
Monika Rahar: +91-9872866711 (Moot Problem & Clarifications)
Akash Sharma: +91-7017087010
The website link is here.
For the moot proposition, click here.
For the rule book, click here.