The International Bar Association (IBA) opened its North America office in Washington DC in August 2013. The mission of this office is threefold:
- Serve and expand its membership in North America, namely international lawyers, but also law schools and law students.
- Engage in public service, including the implementation of programmes that promote the rule of law and human rights in the developing world and North America.
- Provide thought leadership on issues critical to the legal profession, the rule of law and human rights throughout the world.
- Developing concept papers and grant proposals in the field of international development;
- researching & writing remarks for conferences, some of which may be converted into academic papers for publication;
- assisting with logistics, media solicitations, panelist selection and support for conferences and round tables;
- organizing and contributing to IBA reports & internal research database and analyzing evolving trends in legal profession or international development;
- assisting with expense logging and financial tracking, document creation, meeting preparation, recording of minutes, and outreach.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent research, writing and analysis skills;
- strong interpersonal oral and written skills;
- self-motivation and emotional intelligence;
- mastery of computer/internet-based research;
- experience organizing or contributing to workshops and/or seminars;
- experience abroad is an advantage;
- fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
Application on rolling basis.
For the application form, click here.
Applications, reference letters should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com
- April 2 – June 29
- July 2 – September 28
Phone: +1 202 827 3274
For the Official Website, click here.
Comment via Facebook