Syska Hennessy Group currently have an opportunity for a law or paralegal student to work closely with our Legal Counsel as an intern. This role will require 15-20 hours per week.
Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting for an intern to develop his/her skills and knowledge in a corporate setting.
From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it’s everything you’ll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding learning experience.
As an intern, you will report directly to our internal Legal Counsel to aid with managing a comprehensive legal workload including general business transaction assistance.
Some responsibilities include:
- Assist with drafting and conducting basic review of contracts, including Consultant agreements, AIA agreements, Prime Consultant agreements, NDAs and other related agreements and legal documents
- Assist with managing pre-claims litigation, including responding to subpoenas
- Check legal forms for accuracy and perform legal research
- Prepare reports, meeting minutes and correspondence
- Assist with the creation, organization and maintenance of corporate records, including resolutions
- Support General Counsel by providing other support services, as requested, such as risk management; international agreements; insurance issues; and social media
- Work with Vice Presidents and employees, at all levels, to filter legal issues
- Assist with the firm’s Risk Management Process, including internally and with carriers and brokers
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and commitment to preserving confidential matters.
You will demonstrate concern for the accuracy and quality of work, and proactively take steps to correct mistakes and improve the overall product, under the guidance of the firm’s legal counsel.
Additional job requirements:
- Law student pursuing a JD highly preferred but will also consider an individual pursuing a Bachelor Degree in pre-law or degree in Paralegal studies
- Prior internship or co-op experience in a business oriented law firm, corporate legal organization, or construction/engineering or architectural industry is required
- Contract review experience a plus
- Understand legal terminology and excellent research and investigation skills
- Detail-orientated with an ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of risk management; international agreements; insurance issues; and social media a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to follow directions and ask clarifying questions but also work independently, without significant direct supervision and handle multiple priorities
As an employee with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity.
To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide our full-time employees with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities.
The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Roth 401(k) Option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Much More!
To regiater, click here.
E: [email protected]
For the Official Website, click here.
Comment via Facebook