Away is looking for a rising 2nd or 3rd year law student to join our Legal team for the summer of 2018. As a Legal Intern, you’ll have direct insight into the daily operations of being an in-house lawyer at an exciting venture backed startup.
You will be working directly with our General Counsel on a wide variety of matters that will expose you to a diverse set of topics.
This is a full or part-time, paid summer internship open to incoming 2L and 3L law students.
Away is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper.
Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures, Accel Partners, and Global Founders Capital.
- Learn about the cutting-edge legal issues that a high-growth, entrepreneurial consumer products company faces day-to-day.
- Research legal issues and apply your research to commercial, operational, marketing, and corporate issues at the Company.
- Assist with the drafting and auditing of company policies, notices, disclosures, and other regulatory documentation.
- Research and analyze contract provisions and coordinate development of agreement templates and policies with GC.
- Prepare NDAs, professional services agreements, and other agreements from templates with Legal department oversight.
- Assist with the creation, documentation, and tracking of workflows and processes to help the legal department scale over time.
- 2nd or 3rd year law student
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Dynamic and detail-oriented in nature
- Motivated and passionate about learning in-house practice and how the legal team helps to achieve business objectives
- Deeply interested and involved with entrepreneurship, small businesses and/or start-ups
To apply for this internship, click here.
For the Official Website, click here.
Comment via Facebook