The Expert Institute is organizing an Annual Legal Writing Scholarship Competition and last day for submission is December 31. Clear, effective writing is the cornerstone of an exceptional lawyer, and a vital area of education for aspiring attorneys.
While traditional forms of legal writing like case briefs and contracts endure, the internet has given legal professionals a new medium of communication that demands mastery as well.
Blog posts are a new way for attorneys to educate and persuade, and to participate in a broader legal discourse with their peers.
Eligibility and Topic:
J.D. Students – Any topic in litigation involving expert witnesses
- Specific case references are required, and the article must contain specific examples
- Your article must be an unpublished, original submission. The Expert Institute reserves the right to publish in print and digital all or part of the essay or abstract at its discretion
- Citations should be inline – no footnotes or endnotes. Links to electronic sources are encouraged
- Articles must be 1,500 – 2,500 words in length, and written in a blog post format
- Full name of author (First, Middle, and Last)
- Contact information for author, including e-mail address and phone number
- School name and mailing address
- A .doc or .docx file containing your article. PDFs and other document formats are not acceptable
- Cash prize $2000
- Blog publication
- Newsletter circulation
- Email announcement
To win, your article has to be logically rigorous and substantive, as well as engaging and entertaining. Ideally, lay people should be able to understand and enjoy the article, while lawyers should find it useful and insightful.
Factors that will be considered during judgment include:
- Clarity, style, and poise of writing
- Originality of topic
- Thoroughness of research and quality of analysis
- Comprehensibility by lay and professional audiences
All submissions must be received before midnight on December 31, 2018 in order to be considered. Please include all required information in a cover sheet on the submitted document.
By submitting a work for consideration, you grant The Expert Institute, a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to publish the work in any format, print or digital.
To submit, click here.
Tel: (888) 858-9511
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
For the Official Website, click here.
Comment via Facebook