BorgWarner is hiring legal interns in Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA.
It seeks innovators-people with independent minds who share our passion for the latest vehicle technology, enjoy working in an open entrepreneurial environment, and desire to play a key role in the future of the industry.
About the Company:
BorgWarner is one of the world’s leading developers and suppliers of key technologies for combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles.
Exposure to general Corporate Legal functions through an internship program located at World Headquarters. Learn about BorgWarner legal department’s activities while collaborating with inside and outside counsel and other personnel to update BorgWarner’s active litigation holds as well as expand the global records retention schedule.
- Assist legal department employees as needed
- Design a questionnaire for inside attorneys addressing active litigation hold matters
- Validate questionnaire responses with outside counsel
- Create litigation hold repository (e.g. spreadsheet, database)
- Assist with updating BorgWarner’s records retention policy
- Conduct legal research where required
- Assist with preparation of records retention training for BorgWarner employees
- Work with outside counsel to organize information obtained on the project
- Develop any required communications to BorgWarner employees regarding the project
- Law student entering 2nd or 3rd year of program
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organization and multitasking skills.
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with respect to information learned as a result of involvement regarding matters being handled.
- Proven success in working independently, as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ethics and Values
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Learning on the fly
- Timely Decision Making
- Priority Setting
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals who are qualified for any position by reason of education, training, experience, and personal characteristics, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, marital status, height, weight, or any other legally protected status.
To apply, click here.
For queries, click here.
For the Official Website, click here.
Comment via Facebook