TDS Telecom is seeking a Legal Intern who could start work this spring or summer and potentially continue working part-time into the 2018/2019 school year.
The intern would work closely with the five attorneys within TDS Telecom’s Legal Department, which provides legal services to TDS Telecom and its subsidiaries as well as TDS Telecom’s sister company, OneNeck IT Solutions.
An individual who could work at least 20 hours per week during the summer months is preferred.
About the Company:
TDS Telecom is an American telecommunications company with headquarters in Madison, Wisconsin. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems Inc, and is the seventh-largest local exchange carrier in the U.S.
We anticipate that the legal intern will have the opportunity to assist with some or all of the following activities, under the close supervision of and in conjunction with the TDS Telecom attorneys:
- Research/review/analyze legal issues and questions submitted by internal departments on topics ranging from contract negotiation and drafting, employment/HR issues, state and federal regulation, government contracting, privacy/HIPAA/GDPR, and commercial real estate transactions;
- Review and revise corporate contracts and participate in contract negotiations;
- Review and revise corporate contract templates;
- Review and analyze existing customer contracts and implement compliance plans;
- Review and suggest improvements to the company’s legal processes, procedures and policies; and
- Research/review/analyze Federal Acquisition Regulations and other rules and regulations that apply to federal government (sub) contractors.
- Currently enrolled as a JD student or accepted to an accredited law school for enrollment fall 2018
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks and problem solve
- Solid work ethic and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Previous work experience in a business or corporate setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
To apply, click here.
For the Official Website, click here.
Comment via Facebook