About the organisation and job description:
Job opportunity to combine work in a sports-related legal role that touches upon gaming as well as intellectual property. William Hill Race & Sports Book is looking to add someone in this role, who will manage all of the company’s intellectual property needs, including providing counsel on issues relating to contracts, agreements and management of external counsel.
Position: Intellectual Property Counsel (Full Time).
In this role, you will manage all aspects of the growing organization’s intellectual property needs by supporting relevant business units and advising the management team.
You will be responsible for, and provide counsel on, a variety of intellectual property issues in an expanding market, such as contracts, agreements, and management of external counsel, while contributing to the development of processes and policies to better enable the achievement of business objectives, mitigate risk, and improve efficiency.
What you will do:
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of intellectual property related agreements.
- Actively liaise with global units in order to manage and protect the company’s portfolio.
- Collaborate with various business units regarding business objectives and strategies.
- Provide prompt guidance to a wide range of legal requests from Product and Marketing teams.
- Provide necessary training to business units regarding intellectual property and risk management matters that directly impact the organization.
- Manage various projects and deadlines.
- Advise executives on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals.
- Develop policies and procedures regarding intellectual property management that are consistent with the organization’s policies and objectives.
- Attend and actively contribute to various committees/meetings.
- Work with, and manage, outside counsel, when and where necessary.
What you will need:
- Must be a Nevada licensed attorney or meet the requirements for admission to the Nevada Bar under Supreme Court Rule 49.10
- Law degree from accredited law school, current license to practice law in one or more jurisdictions
- 4+ years of experience in law firm and/or in-house legal departments with a focus on intellectual property
- Exceptional level of attention to detail, highly organized, outstanding grammar, punctuation and writing capabilities
- Gaming experience is desirable, but not required
- Background in media, communications, and technology strongly preferred
- Strong business and technology acumen; capacity to learn the business and technology quickly
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong foundation and understanding of legal documents, contracts, and relevant legal terminology
- Ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries and with a diverse group of colleagues
Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks; strong time management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Solid work ethic and high personal standards of excellence—must be reliable and willing to comply with organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Weekend/after-hours work required
- Some travel required and ability to work hours that accommodate business units in Eastern Time Zone a must. The work day will begin at 7:00 am Pacific Standard Time
- The ability to successfully complete a background check and drug screening
Comment via Facebook