Kemin is seeking an intern for this summer, with the possibility of continuing on into the fall, interested in corporate legal work. This position will be working collaboratively with the legal team to help provide legal support worldwide to all global business units.
About the Kemin:
We are visionaries who see things differently and are inspired by the world around us. We have been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century.
Committed to feed and food safety, Kemin maintains top-of-the-line manufacturing facilities where over 500 specialty ingredients are made for humans and animals in the global feed and food industries, as well as the health, nutrition and textile markets.
We provide product solutions and options to customers in more than 120 countries.
- Research projects relating to domestic and international regulatory matters to help attorneys advise management as to its legal rights and obligations.
- Assist in negotiating, structuring, and/or administrating contractual documents that establish business relationships with vendors, customers and/or partners.
- Conduct legal review of scientific communications and other publications.
- Document acquisition, digital storage and retrieval oversight, permit acquisition compliance and maintenance.
- Other business legal requirements and settings, strategic plan creation, support and execution and special projects as assigned.
- Quasi-ombudsman role to encourage resolution of complaints or disputes before escalating into more serious problems.
- Assist with freedom to operate opinions and research for various research projects.
- Develop and provide training on a variety of legal matters.
- Serve as person to evaluate impact on other divisions or facilities on proposals for new or expanded certifications.
- Provide strategic advice as appropriate.
- Assist with litigation matters including workers compensation, unemployment and contract matters.
- Bachelor’s degree and current enrollment in an accredited law school.
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences area is highly desired.
- Computer skills in document creation, draft management, and spreadsheets are required, as well as proficiency with MS Office products (such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to conduct research, learn new regulations and legal precepts, and to articulate ideas to help the business grow.
- Excellent communication skills are needed. Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- A customer service orientation and the ability to manage multiple issues and tasks and to assume substantial responsibility is required.
- Willingness and ability to support attorneys when needed, to work with a variety of personalities, and be part of a team.
- Robust health and wellness support – We are proud to offer an on-site fitness center, restaurant with seasonal fresh food options (and the ability to order food to bring home), and free, fresh fruit in break areas.
- Continued learning opportunities – Kemin offers a corporate university with online and in-person training opportunities for growth and development.
- The chance to give back to our world – Through our foundation of servant leadership, we are proud to offer ample service opportunities. Kemin has a valued corporate partnership with both The World Food Programme and Habitat for Humanity, in addition to many local initiatives.
- Opportunities to support our valued educators – Kemin is a proud sponsor of the Iowa Governor’s Stem Advisory Council where we fund annual STEM teacher awards. In addition, we have a robust internship and externship program, and frequently host student tours.
To apply, clcik here.
For FAQs, click here.
For queries, click here.
For the Official Website, click here.
Comment via Facebook