About the organiser and essay competition
School Of Law, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, is one of the most prestigious law schools in India, known for the specialisations offered and various achievements that have been made by the students in the past years.
The TechnoLAWgy Society of UPES School of Law is organising the National Essay Writing Competition on
Intellectual Property Rights, 2019 in the month of April.
The competition is on Intellectual Property Rights, and there is a list of chosen topics that the essays are to be written on.
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing LL.B. (3 years or 5-year course) or LL.M. from any recognized university across India.
- If any student of UPES is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top 3 prizes, but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance with a special prize by the organizers.
- Co-authorship up to 1 participant is permitted.
- Interface between Copyright and Design.
- Licensing Regime in Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Personality Rights under Copyright Laws.
- Protection of Farmer’s right and Breeder’s Right in Intellectual Property Rights.
- Emerging Issues in Patent and Biotechnology.
- Personal Data Protection Law: A Critical analysis of Data Localization.
How to submit
The essays should be submitted through the link that is provided here. The contestants are required to adhere by the given dates for registration and submission of their essays.
For further information regarding the guidelines of the competition, and the procedure of registration, please refer to the brochure, which is available here.
Register fee: Rs. 100/-
To register, click here.
- Last date of registration: April 2, 2019
- Last date of submission: April 18, 2019
- Declaration of results: April 26, 2019
Ayush Agarwal – +91 97600 89997
Keshav Kumar – +91-9034272875
Gagan Garg – +919897318163