Theme for Edited Volume
This call for paper/chapter is for contributions in an edited Volume/Book on the theme “Energy Law: Emerging Dimensions in Practice and Procedure”.
With about 15% of the world’s population and an ever increasing economic growth rate, leading to the increase in the aspiration of its people to better quality of life, India has an insatiable appetite for energy. India’s power system needs to almost quadruple in size by 2040 to catch up and keep pace with electricity demand that boosted by rising incomes and new connections to the grid increases at almost 5% annually.
The energy sector is expanding quickly but is set to face further challenges as India’s modernization and its economic growth gather pace, particularly given the policy priority to develop India’s manufacturing base. The energy sector is enormous encompassing not just primary sources, viz., petroleum; coal; natural gas; but also nuclear gas and the myriad renewable forms of energy.
Until the 1980s, India’s energy policy was based on the availability of indigenous resources. With the passage of time, the hunt for energy resources gathered impetus which involved initiating partnerships with markets of the emerging energy-trading countries in order to meet the growing domestic demands, further leading to the need for regulating the energy sector.
This is an attempt to bring out a compilation of all the scholarly research papers on the varied scope of procedures, practice and policies in the field of energy laws and the allied areas. This is call to all academicians, lawyers and research scholars to make their contributions in the form of research chapter, comments and notes on the given sub-themes.
- Regulatory Mechanisms In The Field Of Energy Sector
- Energy Law And Policy Mechanisms In India
- Energy Law And Environmental Concerns
- Power Purchase Agreements: Practice and Procedure
- Energy Security: National And International Perspective
- Energy Law And Interface With Common Man: Consumer And Energy
- Role Of Judiciary In The Coal Block Allocation Case, Reliance Gas Pricing And Others
- Privatization And Energy Sector: PPP And Other Models
- Renewable Energy Policy And The Way Forward
- Energy Conservation Act, 2001: Practice and Procedure
- Electricity Act, 2003: Practice and Procedure
- Atomic Energy In India: Legal Framework
- Human Rights And Energy Laws: Different Dimensions
- Competition Law And Energy Sector: National and International Perspective
- Foreign Investment In The Energy Sector: Indian Scenario
- Role Of Regulatory Mechanisms Concerning Energy Sector, Consumer Protection, Law And Advocacy
- Taxation In Energy Sector: Legal Issues
- Energy Sector: Multidisciplinary Approach
All submissions are to be made via e-mail as word documents (preferably Microsoft Word 2007 or 2010).
Submission Of Abstracts: 15th May, 2018
Final submission: 15th July, 2018
Authors who do not follow these guidelines may have their submission returned to them without being reviewed.
For official notification, click here.