INTERNATIONAL INTERDISCIPLINARY SEMINAR ON IMPACT OF GLOBALISATION ON HUMAN RIGHTS
Department of Law, University of Kerala calls upon the legal profession, academicians from other social science disciplines , administrators, University students, young and upcoming research scholars, social activists and the representatives of governmental and nongovernmental organizations to present their research papers relevant to the below-mentioned themes.
The abstract should be mailed to Dr.K.C.Sunny, Professor and Head Department of Law, University of Kerala([email protected]) on or before 1st August, 2016.
The abstracts and papers shall be screened by a committee in a blind, peer review process and the papers approved by the committee shall be accepted for presentation in the conference. Notice of selection of abstracts will be made through email by 1st September 2016.
Globalization of human rights ; Its impact on social justice and human development
Adverse effects of neo liberalization on human rights : General Issues
Globalization and Socio-economic Rights
- Rights to health, education, work, adequate standard of life, food, clean environment, social security
Globalization, Cultural relativism and Human Rights
Globalization and Human Rights of the vulnerable sections
- Women, children, indigenous populations, migrated labour and other deprived sections
WTO Laws and Human Rights
New Development Strategies and Human Rights
- Aid from international economic agencies
- Downsizing the government
- Promotion of Investment by multinational companies
Measures to reduce the adverse effect of Globalisation on Human rights
- New international initiatives
- New human rights protection mechanisms
- New development strategies
- New initiatives for human rights education and mobilization of public opinion
- New initiatives from NGOs
- New mechanisms for conflict resolution
Reforming Human Rights law and International Humanitarian Law in the context of Globalization
Violation of Human Rights through Cyberspace
- SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS: 1st August 2016
- ACCPETANCE OF ABSTRACTS: 1st September 2016
- FINAL PAPER SUBMISSION: 25 September 2016
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION: up to 10 November 2016
Full details are here.