About the Opportunity
UNICEF’s Education Outcomes Fund (EOF), an initiative to improve the education of 10 million children and young people, is looking to hire for the post of Compliance Consultant, with relevant skills and qualifications, in the UK. The working shall be remote for 3 months.
About EOF, UNICEF
UNICEF, also known as the United Nations Children’s Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The Education Commission (chaired by Gordon Brown, former UK Prime Minster and UN Special Envoy for Global Education) and the Global Steering Group for Impact Investment (chaired by Sir Ronald Cohen) have come together to create the Education Outcomes Fund (EOF), an initiative to improve the education of 10 million children and young people. EOF will support governments over the next decade to improve outcomes in education and youth employment by paying for results delivered by innovative NGOs and social entrepreneurs. EOF will use several innovative finance instruments including development impact bonds (DIBs) to achieve this mission.
Objectives and Description
- To develop mechanisms and operational manuals to apply UNICEF safeguarding rules and procedures to all downstream partners in EOF programs and monitor compliance with safeguarding regulations;
- To lead on carrying our provider due diligence and monitoring compliance with due diligence requirements;
- To carry out other project management tasks as relevant.
- Under the supervision of the Project Lead, the Compliance Specialist will:
- Develop program processes and operational manuals to apply UNICEF safeguarding rules and procedures for programs developed;
- Regularly report on compliance with safeguarding regulations downstream partners;
- Build capacity around safeguarding in EOF;
- Carry out the due diligence of downstream partners and monitor their compliance with recommendations;
- Develop operational risk registers and monitor project finances.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Law or another business related area.
- A Bachelor’s may be considered in lieu of masters with additional 2 years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project delivery, particularly in due diligence (including safeguarding), financial reporting, procurement, and grant management;
- Proven track record of working on the implementation of safeguarding requirements;
- Experience working in Africa / the Middle East is preferred (but not required).
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication, liaison, facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience in implementing good practice in safeguarding including familiarity with international safeguarding standards, ideally in EOF program locations;
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports;
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Ability to work, even under pressure, independently and as part of a team;
- Used to managing difficult conversations and emotionally demanding situations with sensitivity and compassion.
- Highly organized with excellent information and database management skills.
- Eagerness to maintain and develop knowledge and skills through regular training and professional development.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced computer literacy including but not limited to MS Office applications particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Fluency in English is required
- Proficiency in French, Arabic, or other languages in Africa or the MENA region is preferred
Home-based. International travel to deliver project objectives is expected once the Covid-19 travel restrictions have been lifted.
Applicants are invited to include a cover letter of interest, CV, your approach to the assignment, technical proposal and proposed fees (daily in British Sterling), to undertake the above TOR. Applications submitted without a proposed fee, will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
The duration of this contract is for three (3) months with the potential to be extended.
More posts that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: District Level Resource Persons at UNDP India, Dehradun [Salary Rs 30K/Month]: Apply by Dec 25
- JOB POST: Joint Advisor, Deputy Advisor at TRAI, New Delhi, Kolkata: Apply by Jan 15, 31
- JOB POST: Legal Counsel at Microsoft India, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Senior Compliance Risk Officer at Citi, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Senior Counsel [Legal] at P&G [Procter & Gamble], Mumbai: Apply Now!
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.