Galaxy4Peace is looking for volunteers who are excellent Proposal Writers, through UN Online Volunteering. The opportunity involves writing proposals & project development case.
About UN Online Volunteering
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Online volunteering allows organizations and volunteers to team up to address sustainable development challenges – anywhere in the world, from any device.
Effective 1 January 2020, the Online Volunteering service is free of charge to all eligible partners. Eligible partners are: UN entities, Governmental or other public institutions, and Civil Society Organizations.
G4P (Galaxy4Peace) mission is to increase the responsiveness of the general populace particularly (youths) on peacebuilding, peace education and conflict management programs aiming at the definitive goal of building sustainable peace. Their focus is on:
- Peacebuilding & Peace Education
- Child Protection
- Youth Development
- Behavioral Interventions & Social Change
And these activities are carried out through interventions, initiatives and education.
Galaxy4Peace’s mission is to foster a sustainable environment branded by peaceful co-existence among tribes, communities and families through initiatives, interventions and advocacy that motivates the target audience to be pathways of peace.
The objective of this project is to design captivating proposals through compelling writing that will attract peace funders to invest in our Teach Peace Early and Empower Her target programs. The proposals to be designed will focus on promoting and addressing:
- “Peace Education” – a critical aspect of education that drives sustainable peace in communities and schools through dialogue, advocacy and trainings activities centred on SDG 4 – Quality Education
- Issues surrounding inequalities across all levels, gender based violence, early child marriage, gender gap in workplace, decent work and economic growth through initiatives driving the localisation of SDG 5, 8 and 10.
- General challenges that affects the peace of humans
About the Opportunity
Galaxy4Peace is in search of an excellent Proposal Writer who will be responsible to identify funding opportunities in line with the organisation mission, and goals.
- Gather documentation through research and questioning for writing compelling proposals that will be submitted by Director of Programme for securing funding opportunities for Galaxy4Peace.
- The writer with 4 other proposal writers, will work closely with the Administrator/Volunteer Coordinator and report to Director of Programme.
- Tasks are being executed on google drive.
- Means of communication is via Whatsapp, emails, meetings take place on Zoom.
- Prompt response is expected from the volunteer given that the role is remote based.
NB: Kindly note that this role does not entail successful UN Online Volunteer to solicit donations/funds from third parties directly.
Number of Volunteers Required
5 (Five) needed
Duration of Enagagement
Total 26 weeks
Engagement: 11-20 hours per week
Who is it For?
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 1yr of experience as a proposal writer
- Established record of successful proposal submissions
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office & proposal-focused databases
- Ability to manage multiple proposals writing, meet deadlines & collaborate with others.
- Superb written communication skills
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 3 or more years of experience as a proposal writer
- Established record of successful proposals, netting $30,000 or more
Click here for the official information.
How to Apply?
Apply through the link given at the end of this post.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.