CAEPA is looking for two Online Volunteers with experience in grant proposal writing on women economic justice. CAEPA will identify potential donors and call for proposals and share them with the Online Volunteers.
About UN Online Volunteers
The United Nations Volunteers programme is a United Nations organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development.
CAEPA Cameroon is a national non-governmental organization that was started by a group of female volunteers in 2009 who, after serving in Cameroon’s civil service, decided to offer their knowledge for the development of the local communities in the North West Region and Cameroon in general.
It is one of the many agencies of the United Nations, that is currently working on different projects in light of the humanitarian settings.
About the Opportunity
CAEPA is looking for 2 (Two) Online Volunteers with experience in grant proposal writing on women economic justice. CAEPA will identify potential donors and call for proposals and share them with the Online Volunteers.
Women in the rural North West Region of Cameroon are considered the poorest of the poor. Furthermore, the majority of the limited number of women entrepreneurs are in micro-enterprises and many of them lack business development skills and managerial capacity for improved competitiveness and management. These challenges threaten the fulfilment of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The organization strives to complement efforts made by international development partners and governments to end all forms of violence against women and girls. However, sourcing funding from donor agencies has become very competitive. Hence, the need for strong, viable and winning project proposals to access the dwindling available funds from relevant donor agencies. It is here that the services of the volunteers are required.
The Volunteering Opportunity: How Will it Work?
- CAEPA will provide the volunteers with the background information they need to write the proposal.
- Online volunteers will review, restructure and rewrite the drafts provided by CAEPA.
- The volunteers will complete this task by writing 2 (two) standard winning proposals.
- They will work with the Director.
- Online volunteers won’t be asked to submit fundraising requests or to engage in direct negotiations with donors.
- Communication will be done through email, skype or whatasapp.
Who is it For?
- Fundraising experience and grant proposal writing experience, with a strong civil society, and
- Master’s Degree in Gender studies, excellent grant proposal writing skills.
- Candidates need to have access to the internet, e-mail, and social media contact to facilitate exchanges and communication.
After the successful collaboration for this assignment, the online volunteers will be awarded certificates of appreciation, and their input shall be mentioned in relevant publications of the organization.
Expected Engagement: 6-10 hours per week
Click here for the official information.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.