About the organisation
The University of London is a collegiate federal research university located in London, England.
The School of Advanced Study at the University of London brings together nine internationally renowned research institutes to form the UK’s national centre for the support of researchers and the promotion of research in the humanities.
About the research training
Sessions will be held on
- The PhD in law in the digital world – Dr Judith Townend, University of Sussex
- Legal writing – Professor Lisa Webley, University of Birmingham
- Publishing in Open Access online law journals – Narayana Harave, IALS Digital Librarian
- Getting your research published in journals – Professor Jane Winters, Chair in Digital Humanities, School of Advanced Study, University of London
- What books are law publishers looking to publish? – Sinead Moloney, Publisher, Hart Publishing, Oxford
- Disseminating your legal research – Dr Nóra Ni Loideain, Director and Lecturer in Law, Information Law & Policy Centre, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London
- Tips on keeping up-to-date with your topic after completion – Laura Griffiths, Senior Librarian, IALS Library
A copy of the programme for ‘How to get a PhD in Law: Researching, disseminating and publishing in the digital world’ is available here.
Although tailored specifically for PhD in Law students, this training programme may contain some material which repeats and reinforces generic training suitable for all PhD students.
Speakers: Dr Nóra Ni Loideain Dr Judith Townend, Dr Nóra Ni Loideain, Professor Jane Winters, Professor Lisa Webley, Professor Jane Winters, Sinead Moloney, Narayana Harave Laura Griffiths.
Topic: How to get a PhD in Law: Researching, disseminating and publishing in the digital world.
Date: 10 May 2019, 10.00am – 4.00pm
Venue: Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, 17 Russell Square, London WC1B 5DR.
The Institute of Advanced Legal Studies welcomes students enrolled for an MPhil/PhD in Law from across the UK to this specially tailored day of presentations, library tours and networking opportunities.
IALS Events Office
Phone number: 020 7862 5800
For registration and full details, click here.
Comments Via Facebook