About the organisation and job:
Orkney lies eight miles north of the Scottish mainland and is the smallest local authority in Scotland. There is a strong cultural life and visitors worldwide are attracted to the scenery, history and archaeology.
Orkney is home to a cosmopolitan community of about 20,000 residents and, among its many attributes, offers a safe environment, excellent educational and recreational facilities, a community spirit, and an exceptional quality of life.
Orkney Islands Council is looking for an enthusiastic and committed professional to carry out a variety of duties as part of our legal team.
- The post will suit a candidate with an interest in a broad range of areas of law including social care, education, planning and civil litigation, but also a willingness to deal with any other areas of work allocated by the Head of Legal Services.
- The post provides an excellent chance to develop further experience across other areas of work that Orkney Islands Council covers.
- The candidate should hold a law degree (LLB) and a Diploma in Legal Practice or Diploma in Professional Legal Practice or equivalent.
- The candidate also should be a qualified solicitor holding (or eligible to hold) an unrestricted Practising Certificate issued by the Law Society of Scotland.
- The candidate should have the experience to work under limited supervision, with well-developed communication and IT skills and must have a working knowledge of relevant legislation.
This post is subject to Standard Disclosure Scotland clearance.
Deadline: Sunday 24 March 2019.
Please note that interview and relocation expenses will be paid for this post in accordance with our Relocation Policy.
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Job Post: Solicitor at Orkney Islands Council (Corporate Services) on a temporary basis, up to 31 March 2021.
Salary: £37,935 to £40,125 (including Distant Islands Allowance).
If you would like to talk over how you might meet this challenge, please contact Gavin Mitchell, Head of Legal Services, on 01856 873535.
For full information and application, click here.
Comments Via Facebook