About the organisation
Clan Childlaw is a unique legal and advocacy service for children and young people. We believe the law needs to work better for children and young people.
NQ Solicitor (2 years fixed term).
To work as part of the Clan Childlaw team to deliver legal representation, outreach services, legal information, and training, and contribute to policy work.
You will be based in Glasgow but travel is an essential part of the job and the applicant should be able to attend our Edinburgh office and other locations throughout Scotland, and regularly work outwith contractual office hours to deliver outreach services, or as other business needs require.
Flexible working and TOIL are available.
Membership of the PVG Scheme is essential for this role and the successful candidate will be required to apply for the scheme and produce an acceptable PVG Scheme Record.
- A solicitor with a current practising certificate and knowledge of legal procedures, the law and legal issues as they relate to children and young people.
- Someone with experience of working successfully with children and young people, or with experience of working with people experiencing social exclusion and presenting with multiple/complex needs.
- Someone who has experience and understanding of the client group, local community and/or sector.
- Someone with experience in providing information about legal issues to professionals and to people without a legal background.
- Someone with experience in developing and delivering training, or a desire to learn to do so.
- Someone who is excited by and committed to the policy work of Clan Childlaw.
- Someone who has knowledge and understanding of the current issues involving children’s rights in Scotland.
- Someone who finds it easy to make connections with and communicate with clients, and has a real ability to communicate warmly, patiently, sensitively and in a child-friendly way, even when explaining complex legal facts and discussing difficult situations.
- Someone adaptable who can improvise, think on their feet, and adjust to work in a way which accommodates those we represent and business needs.
- Someone who will turn their hand to any jobs and types of work as required for services to run and is motivated by resolving problems and helping others achieve outcomes and goals.
- Someone who has experience of doing legal aid work.
- Someone with experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Someone who can work independently, using their own initiative and judgement to make decisions about workload and priorities, and meet deadlines while under pressure. You must be comfortable doing urgent and ‘last minute’ work as this is often required.
£27,500 per annum
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5 pm, April 1, 2019.
How to apply
To apply, return a completed application form to mike.heffron[at]clanchildlaw.org.
The application form is available here.
For more information, contact Operations Manager Mike Heffron on 0808 129 0522 or via mike.heffron[at]clanchildlaw.org.
Comments Via Facebook