The Institute of Advance Legal Studies, London is organizing a Research Training on 2nd March 2018 from 10:00 to 16:30 specifically for students enrolled in MPhil/PhD in Law from across the UK.
The session is titled “How to get a PhD in Law: The PhD journey: Supervision, research ethics and preparing yourself for upgrade and vivas”.
The Institute of Advanced Legal Studies welcomes students enrolled for an MPhil / PhD in Law from across the UK to this specially tailored day of presentations, library tours and networking opportunities.
Speakers: Professor Diamond Ashiagbor; Professor Avrom Sherr; Dr Natasa Mavronicola; Hester Swift; and Dr Constantin Stefanou.
- The PhD journey: The staging posts of your PhD and support for research students – Professor Diamond Ashiagbor, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London
- Handling the supervision relationship – Emeritus Professor Avrom Sherr, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London
- Preparing for the Ethics Committee – Emeritus Professor Avrom Sherr, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London
- Preparing for upgrade viva and the PhD viva – Dr Natasa Mavronicola, Senior Lecturer in Law at the University of Birmingham
- The foreign, international and comparative law research collections at IALS Library – Hester Swift, Foreign and International Law Librarian, IALS Library
- Panel of research students who have completed or nearly completed their PhD’s will discuss how they approached researching their theses and the PhD journey. Session to be open to questions from the audience and discussion – Session chaired by Dr Constantin Stefanou, Senior Lecturer in Law, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London
- Optional tours of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies Library led by senior library staff
The third and final training day will take in place on Friday 11 May 2018 on How to get a PhD in Law. Researching, disseminating an publishing in the digital world.
Student Rate: £75.00; Standard Rate: £100.00
Register online at this link.
Institute of Advanced Legal Studies 17 Russell Square, London WC1B 5DR
Phone: 020 7862 5800
For details, please view the brochure given here and the official website link given here.
Comments Via Facebook