Aktis Strategy is hiring legal interns.
The Legal Team provides a range of legal services for Aktis, including contract drafting, review and negotiation, advice on a wide variety of matters such as duty of care, data protection and anti-bribery law, internal legal training, and support on overseas office set up in the Middle East and North Africa.
Aktis is offering a part-time internship within the Legal Team for a suitably-qualified and dynamic candidate. Although the role is mainly administrative, paralegal work such as contract drafting, reviewing and GDPR compliance may be offered to the right candidate.
To support the general running of the Legal Team:
- Managing the contract database
- Contract filing
- Restructuring/updating legal folders and documents
- Legal research
- Responding to emails
- Arranging meetings, Skype calls
- Producing training materials
To support Aktis in our overseas projects/offices:
- Collating documents
- Arranging for notarisation and legalisation of documents
- Running a task tracker
- Liaising with local offices and external advisors
- Completed or be in the process of completing an undergraduate degree, ideally in law or be a GDL/LPC student or graduate.
- A proven practical working knowledge of Microsoft Windows-based computer systems and software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Some previous office experience, ideally in a law firm or in-house legal team.
- An ability to take the initiative, work independently and be versatile as workload and work requests will vary day to day.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication skills and an effective team-player, willing to contribute their own ideas.
- A demonstrable and active interest in law.
- An interest in international development, international politics and conflict affected and fragile state problems.
- Additional languages such as Arabic.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter
Aug 24, 2018
To apply, click here.
For queries, click here.
For the Official Website, click here.
Comments Via Facebook