Law Society of Scotland’s Leading Legal Excellence: Annual Conference 2019. This year’s Law Society of Scotland annual conference will be held at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre on Friday 25 October.
Each year we welcome over three hundred guests to take part in the most dynamic and eagerly awaited legal conference of the year. All delegates will receive six hours of CPD, plus access to watch all sessions post-event and online at your convenience.
In addition to four keynote presentations to plenary, there will be twenty sessions to choose from over the day, ensuring that each delegate can choose the topics and content that best meets their areas of interest and growing expertise. We look forward to seeing you there.
Confirmed speakers this year include:
- Karyn McCluskey, Chief Executive of Community Justice Scotland and famously described by the Guardian as ‘the woman who took on Glasgow’s gangs…and won’ Judy Khan QC, representation for 77 families affected by the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Professor Alan Miller, Special Envoy of the Global Alliance of National Human Rights.
- Kim Pattullo, Partner, Addleshaw Goddard and leader of the team who won the largest equal pay employment tribunal litigation in Scotland.
- Rt Hon Henry McLeish, former First Minister of Scotland.
- Professor Conor Gearty, London School of Economics.
Edinburgh International Conference Centre, 150 Morrison Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8EE.
- Equality and diversity – the next one hundred years
- Human rights and immigration
- In-house lawyers
- Access to justice
- Leadership and management
- Risk management
- Constitutional matters – time for a written constitution?
- Legal technology
- Brexit and business impact
- Financial crime
- Employment law
- Legal services market
Comments Via Facebook