The Law Society of Scotland is the professional body for over 11,000 Scottish solicitors and was established in 1949.
International Conference of Legal Regulators (ICLR) is being hosted by the Law Society of Scotland in Edinburgh, 5-6 September 2019. It will be held in the Waldorf Astoria, right in the heart of Edinburgh, within a stone’s throw of the world-renowned Edinburgh Castle.
Some of the potential themes at this year’s conference will include:
- Anti Money Laundering
- Client Trust Funds & Third Parties
- Complaints and discipline
- CPD and retaining competence
- Digital content
- Education & Training
- Entity Regulation
- Equality, diversity and access to justice
- Ethics and code of conduct
- Lawyers and client money
- Lawyers and Me Too
- Legal market regulation
- New and Emerging Regulators – the challenges of building a regulator; restructured and reformed regulators
- New Technology for the legal market
- Quality & Competence in Legal Services
- Regulation & Data: Implications for the legal profession
- Regulator Roles & Responsibilities
- Training & Admission Standards to the Profession
Below prices include VAT:
Conference fee: £490.00
Early bird rate*: £390
Includes attendance at the full conference, refreshments and lunch on both days and attendance at the welcome drinks reception on Wednesday 4 September.
Dinner tickets: £100.00
Tickets are available to purchase for conference attendees and guests. The dinner will take place on Thursday 5 September.
*Early bird rate applies until Friday 7 June 2019.
The conference will be held at:
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian
Built in 1903, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – the Caledonian is a historic icon in the heart of Edinburgh’s Princes Street and is within walking distance of Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile and the Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
If you are interested in contributing as a speaker or session chair in any of these areas, please get in touch with Jim McKayjamesmckay[at]lawscot.org.uk.
Comments Via Facebook