We are seeking to hire a highly motivated and talented intern for a short-term assigned based at VMware’s offices in Staines, Surrey, U.K. You will work as an integral part of the Northern Europe Legal team that provides legal services on a wide range of matters to VMware’s business operations in the UK&I, Benelux, Nordics & Baltics.
In addition to working closely with VMware’s Director & Assistant General Counsel and his team that are responsible for legal support to the NEMEA region, you will also have the opportunity to engage directly with local VMware business representatives, members of the extended VMware EMEA Legal team, external advisors and other third parties.
- Conduct legal research and analysis on issues that are relevant to VMware’s business activities and commercial relationships.
- Monitor legislative reforms affecting companies in the rapidly evolving technology sector, and assess their potential impact on VMware (e.g., in the areas of commercial law, cloud computing, data privacy and cybersecurity).
- Assist in responding to ad hoc requests for legal support from various groups within the company (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Finance).
- Participate in special projects within the Legal department, such as strategic group initiatives.
- This position would suit a candidate that is either currently studying for a law degree (LLB Hons) at a recognised UK university, or is about to complete the post-graduate Legal Practice Course.
- Fluency (written and oral) in English language is essential.
- Proficiency in a language of another country within the NEMEA region is a plus.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Knowledge of and/or a keen interest in the technology sector.
- Strong appetite for professional learning and growth.
- Excellent legal research skills, combined with good business sense.
- Attention to detail, plus the ability to produce high quality work in a timely manner.
- Ability to work autonomously, but also to judge when it is necessary or beneficial to request guidance.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, and the ability to build collaborative relationships within a large international organisation.
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role.
Start Date: July, 2nd – 2018
End Date: September, 21st – 2018
To apply, click here.
Job ID: R05566
VMware UK Ltd, Flow1&2, River Park Avenue, Staines upon Thames, TW18 3FA
For the Official Website, click here.
Comments Via Facebook