Contract law is at the core of the work solicitors do. Whatever your area of practice you will encounter contracts frequently. You will negotiate, draft or enter into contracts on behalf of clients on an almost daily basis.
You may be asked questions about what a contract means, whether it has been breached and the consequences of any breach. Edinburgh Law Seminar’s Contract Law Update provides a comprehensive overview of all important developments in this fundamental area of law.
Delivered by presenters who are experts in their field they combine academic depth with practical insight. The Contract Law Update covers:
- All major decisions in Scotland in 2017/18
- Significant cases from England in 2017/18
- Important statutory developments; and
- Upcoming legal reforms to be aware of
As well as updating you on the law this seminar considers how developments are likely to impact on your practice. All delegates receive a substantial set of materials providing thorough notes on all cases and statutory developments – an indispensable update to your contract law resources.
Laura Macgregor is Professor of Commercial Contract Law and Deputy Head of the Law School at the University of Edinburgh.
Lorna Richardson, Lecturer in Commercial Law and Director of Continuing Professional Development at the Law School, University of Edinburgh.
Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
The learning outcomes and objectives are that by the end of the seminar delegates will have
- a sound knowledge and understanding of all major developments in the law of contact which occurred between May 2017 and May 2018;
- an appreciation of how these developments could or should influence their practice; and
- an indispensable set of source materials for easy reference following the seminar.
Dates for the 2018 series are:
- To participate in Aberdeen on May 15 i.e. Tuesday, click here.
- To participate in Glasgow on May 17 i.e. Thursday, click here.
- To participate in Edinburgh on May 30 i.e. Wednesday, click here.
£125 + VAT (£150) per delegate
Booking and Paying:
Register for this seminar online by selecting the venue you would like to attend below. You can then pay online or choose to pay offline. If you do not wish to pay online change the Payment Method in the Payment Section of the Registration Page.
If you choose “Pay by invoice”, you will be emailed a VAT invoice attached to your booking confirmation email.
Note: Timings for the events are mention in the link.
Book more than four places, for any combination of our seminars and save £30 per registration fee on the 5th and subsequent places booked (first four places will still be charged the full fee).
This discount is only applicable to multiple bookings from the same organisation, as part of one booking order. Our booking system cannot apply the discounted rate therefore If you are booking online, please choose “Pay by Invoice” as payment method.
We will then apply the discount and email you an amended invoice.If you do not wish to book online please complete and return the booking form on the reverse of our flyer which can be downloaded, by clicking here.
T: 0131 215 1858
For the Official Website, click here.
Comments Via Facebook