University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), Panjab University Chandigarh is pleased to announce and invite your institute/college/university to participate in the 5th edition of its very successful Annual Law Fest, “Arguendo” being organized from 1st – 3rd February 2019.
We have had an excellent response to our past seven successful UILS National Client Counseling Competitions and four National Trial Advocacy Competitions. This initiative of UILS is aimed to hone the advocacy skills of students aspiring to join the legal profession as well as demonstrate the practical aspects of the law.
Date: 1st -3rd February, 2019
Venue: UILS, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Following events will be part of the Law Fest:
- 5th All India Gurcharan Singh Tulsi Criminal Law Annual Moot Court Competition, 2019
Rules & Registration Form: Click Here
Proposition: Click here
- 8th UILS National Client Counseling Competition, 2019:
Invitation: Click here
Rules and Regulations: Click here
Registration Form: Click here
Proposition: To be Released soon.
- 4th UILS Fete,2019
The registration fee for each event is as under:
- UILS National Trial Advocacy Competition: Rs. 8000/- per team (team will consist of maximum four members)
- UILS National Client Counseling Competition: Rs. 4000/- per team (team will consist of maximum two members)
Registration Fee has to be sent along with the Registration Form in the form of a Demand Draft in the name of ‘Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh’ on or before 19th January, 2019 for 5th UILS National Trial Advocacy Competition and 8th UILS National Client Counseling Competition.
Time Limit and Registration
The teams will be registered on ‘first come first served’ basis. Participants are not allowed to take part in more than one event. However, an institution can send different teams for the events. The registration is restricted to 24 teams only for the Client Counseling Competition and 24 teams for Trial Advocacy Competition.
The last date for provisional registration of 5th All India Gurcharan Singh Tulsi Criminal Law Annual Moot Court Competition, 2019 and 8th UILS National Client Counseling Competition, 2019 is 5th January, 2019 and the last date for the final registration is 15th January, 2019.
The hard copies should reach on or before 19th January, 2019 for 5th UILS National Trial Advocacy Competition and 8th UILS National CCL Competition; to the University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Sector-14, Chandigarh.
UILS will provide boarding and lodging to the participating teams for the duration of the Competition in the University campus on a sharing basis.
Attractive prizes will be awarded to the winning teams and individuals to the extent of:
- 5th UILS National Trial Advocacy Competition 2019: Rs. 2,00,000/-
- 8th UILS National Client Counseling Competition 2019: Rs. 50,000/-
For registration or any queries, kindly contact at:
- [email protected] for UILS National Trial Advocacy Competition
- [email protected] for UILS National Client Counseling Competition.
Faculty in Charge: Dr. Jai Mala, Assistant Professor, UILS
5th UILS National Trial Advocacy Competition 2019
- Ms. Zaheen Kaur: +91 78373-27007
- Ms. Shuvneek Hayer: +91 98424-00001
- Ms. Meher Nagpal: +91 82839-44775
- Ms. Tanroop Kaur: +91 76968-90013
Moot Court Society Office Bearers
- Mr. Jaspinder Singh Bhullar (President): +91 99145-35335
- Mr. Imaan Singh Khara (Convenor): +91 94642-66128
- Mr. Shivdev Sharma (Co-Convenor): +91 85570-01058
8th UILS National Client Counseling Competition 2019
Chairperson, ADR & CCL Board: Dr. Shruti Bedi, Associate Professor, UILS
- Ms. Bhavi Kapur(President): +91-7087086138
- Ms. Diksha Puri(Convenor): +91-7888830949
- Ms. Kajal Sadana(CoConvenor): +91-8219344892
- Ms. Nikita Sharma(Executive Member): +91-9501754495
- Mr. Syed Raees(Executive Member): +91-7837007701
For more details, the teams can follow our Facebook page by clicking here.