UGC or University Grants Commission released a notice inviting applications from interested Indian students for Bilateral State Scholarships in Hungary for Short and Long-term study visits for the academic year 2021-2022.
Tell you more?
- On the 28th of December, 2020, UGC released a notice wherein Indian students are invited to apply for Bilateral State Scholarships, Hungary since India is one of the partner countries for this program.
- Selected applicants will be entitled to participate in free courses and will also receive a stipend.
- The stipend may be completed by a supplement, an accommodation contribution, etc. depending on the type of scholarship. The stipend will be paid either by the receiving institution, by Tempus Public Foundation, or by the sending country, also depending on the type of scholarship.
- There is no financial liability on the part of UGC for these scholarships.
- The scholarship duration would vary from three days to 36 months.
Applications may be submitted by citizens of the relations listed in and depending on the specific conditions of the Calls for application. (See, How to Apply section)
Available scholarship types
- Bachelor or master or doctoral semester/partial studies (3-10 months)
- Full degree bachelor or master or doctoral studies (36/24/36 months respectively)
- Short or long-term study visits (3 days – 10 months)
- Summer courses (2-4 weeks)
- National scholarship offices in the foreign partner relations
Should you wish to get more information about scholarships directly from your country/territory, you may contact the local scholarship office which is in general integrated into the national ministry of education or is a separate background organization of it.
- The stipend may be completed by a supplement, an accommodation contribution, etc. all depending on the type of scholarship.
- The stipend is paid either by the receiving institution, by Tempus Public Foundation, or by the sending country, also depending on the type of scholarship.
- For details (exact amounts, etc.), please read the Calls for application.
- Entry and admission requirements in Hungary follow the standards of the Bologna Process. This means that a bachelor’s degree must be obtained to have access to master’s and Ph.D. courses. To be eligible for a BA degree, one must have language proficiency certificates, diplomas, and other documents required by the program.
- The Hungarian higher education system is more than 650 years old. There are 65 higher education institutions in Hungary, ranging from minor universities of applied sciences to top research universities. Among them are 28 state-funded, 11 privately-funded and 26 church-funded institutions to choose from. Institutions offer more than 500 courses in English, German, French and other languages.
- Most higher education institutions in Hungary have their own careers offices where students can obtain information regarding available jobs. Employers provide flexible working hours and conditions for students (part-time, 4 or 6 hours/day).
How to Apply
Select Short and Long Term Study Visits, click on ‘Call for Applications’ against the said category, on the landing page. (through the link given at the end of this How to Apply section)
Alternatively, you may also use the Important Links section to find the relevant links.
The applications, along with the relevant documents, should be sent to the following address:
The Section Officer,
lC Section, Room lVo. 508- A,
University Grants Commission,
Bahadurshah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi 110 002
February 25, 2021
Keep following our ‘Fellowships and Scholarships‘ section for International and National fellowships and scholarships!
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.